X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Righteous
    replied
    Originally posted by andrei_me View Post
    What time this presentation begins? The youtube video have 7 hour and no timestamp in the comments to jump through presentations 😰
    I just assumed PanFrost was the name of the wizard in the beginning of the video.

Leave a comment:

• SystemCrasher
    replied
    Someone in ARM gone desperate and dumps everything they can before nvidia just puts it all to oblivion?

Leave a comment:

• ShFil
    replied
    Is it possible to use this driver on android? I have one phone with t720.

Leave a comment:

• ayumu
    replied
    Originally posted by shmerl View Post
    Nvidia buys ARM, stops supporting open driver, pushes non upstreamable blob and CUDA... I hope not, but I totally expect them to screw things up.
    If documentation is published for the hardware that exists now, at least owners of this hardware will be safe from NVIDIA's greed.

Leave a comment:

• onicsis
    replied
    A comment about timestamps of Youtube long video not shown, 'Unapproved'

Leave a comment:

• phoron
    replied
    What time this presentation begins? The youtube video have 7 hour and no timestamp in the comments to jump through presentations 😰
    About 7:33 ? Maybe Michael has edited the article or something, but for me the video started there already.

Leave a comment:

• onicsis
    replied

From Youtube comments:
    11:30 actual start (introduction/sponsors)
    23:00 - 01:13:30 (01:09:40 QA) Overview of the open source Vulkan driver for Raspberry Pi 4 (Iago Toral - Igalia)
    01:18:00 - 2:03:00 (01:54:00 QA) WSL Graphics Architecture (Jesse Natalie & Steve Pronovost)
    02:13:00 - 02:58:50 (02:45:45 QA) X11 and Wayland applications in WSL (Steve Pronovost)
    03:08:00 - 03:28:25 (03:25:50 QA) Mesa for D3D12 Mapping Layers (Jesse Natalie)
    03:38:00 - 03:50:45 Profiling on AMD GPUs using tracing (Bas Nieuwenhuizen )
    04:08:30 - 04:32:30 Secure Buffer Object Support with Trusted Memory Zone (Huang Rui)
    04:38:00 - 04:58:45 GSoC/EVoC Overview (Trevor Woerner)
    05:08:00 - 05:21:15 VKMS improvements using IGT GPU Tools (Melissa Wen)
    05:38:10 - 06:23:00 Allocation Constraints (James Jones & Simon Ser)
    06:32:45 - 06:47:20 Why is Peer to Peer DMA so hard on Linux? (Alex Deucher)

âš¡ Lightning talks âš¡
    07:02:45 IGT GPU Tools 2020 Update (Arkadiusz Hiler)
    07:08:15 Gamescope update and demos (Pierre-Loup Griffais)
    07:22:50 Vulkan Presentation Timing Extension (James Jones)
    07:29:10 State of text input on Wayland (Dorota dcz)
    07:32:46 From witchcraft to production (Alyssa Rosenzweig) Enjoyed overall, really wish some of the speakers had higher quality microphone

Leave a comment:

• andrei_me
    replied

Leave a comment:

• smitty3268
    replied
    Originally posted by microcode View Post
    Speaking of ARM and GPUs, wtf happened to ASTC? Is texture compression just not interesting on the desktop?
    Desktop GPUs already have plenty of texture compression options. ASTC is mostly noteworthy for being extremely flexible - but desktop apps don't really need that, and there's not much point in making the hardware more expensive/complicated for no reason.

Leave a comment:

• microcode
    replied
    Speaking of ARM and GPUs, wtf happened to ASTC? Is texture compression just not interesting on the desktop?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X