Mesa Refactors Disk Cache - Working Towards Windows Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post
    I remember times when the quality of forum posts were better ...
    So does Pepperidge Farm

Comment

Valve wants Mesa to work on Windows?

I can think of a few reasons right off the bat that aren't crazy. The first one is the age of hardware Steam users employ and the sometimes crappy state of official vendor driver support for those devices on Windows. If Valve could migrate all their users to drivers Valve can read and modify, maybe it would result in less of a support burden?

Or that could be so much hogwash. Trying to intuit corporate strategies based on a few actions can lead to places almost as strange as the people who run corporations.

Comment

Originally posted by Teggs View Post

I can think of a few reasons right off the bat that aren't crazy […]
        I myself distribute a software with Mesa included on Windows (but disabled): see netradiant.gitlab.io/page/download/

The reason I ship mesa is for the software rasteriser. This make this software able to run with GPU with crappy Windows 10 stock driver or within virtual machines without 3D acceleration (user just has to enable the Mesa fallback and there you go). This software is not that hungry so software rendering is OK.

I use those builds of Mesa for windows: https://github.com/pal1000/mesa-dist-win/

Comment

Originally posted by Teggs View Post
          No. If you follow the link in to the Merge Request you will see my explanation.

"Note I have no intention of adding Windows support and there are likely opportunities to have better code sharing but I believe this a good start and it made sense to consider Windows support when adding greater abstraction for my own needs."

Comment

Originally posted by tarceri View Post

No. If you follow the link in to the Merge Request you will see my explanation.

"Note I have no intention of adding Windows support and there are likely opportunities to have better code sharing but I believe this a good start and it made sense to consider Windows support when adding greater abstraction for my own needs."
            Sorry to take your time with speculation. I should have RTFM(R).

As a user of some of the software you work on, I appreciate your work... at least, as well as I can understand it. Please have a good day.

Comment

Originally posted by OneTimeShot View Post
              Is Rust actually going to survive Mozilla’s demise?
              I'm certain of that. Firefox ain't bad but Rust is friggin awesome.
              I's destined to make waves in many segments, from microcontroller FW upwards.

Comment

Working...
              X