Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Refactors Disk Cache - Working Towards Windows Support

Phoronix: Mesa Refactors Disk Cache - Working Towards Windows Support

Mesa 20.3 feature development continues progressing nicely...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...red-Disk-Cache

It is year 2020 and there is still no word on when they will migrate their stinking C codebase to Rust....

Comment

Originally posted by Veske View Post
      It is year 2020 and there is still no word on when they will migrate their stinking C codebase to Rust....
      Rewriting code for the sake of rewriting code? You do that.

Comment

Yeah man, those infidels, how dare them not surrender for the awesomeness of Rust?

Comment

We read from a Rust disciple in all its glory...

Comment

Is Rust actually going to survive Mozilla’s demise?

Comment

I remember times when the quality of forum posts were better ...

Comment

Instead of wasting time on this, they should be working on getting VirGL/Virgil/VirtualGL/whatevernameithas on Windows, which would be more, MORE useful as GVT-g does not work at all...

Comment

Originally posted by bitman View Post

Rewriting code for the sake of rewriting code? You do that.
                  Especially since there is 0 benefit if your C/C++ is done carefully like mesa's where leaks are weird to find and you have an infrastructure for automated testing in place, that would also add a bunch of dependencies for no benefit and may hinder mesa support/performance on other architectures.

Anyway i'm pretty sure that was a joke from OP but with Rust evangelists logic and reason take a hike, so just in case

Comment

It is year 2020 and I still don't have my flying car they promised back in the 1960s so, I dunno, shit in one hand and migrate their C codebase to Rust with the other and, well, hmmm, see which one fills up faster???

Comment

Working...
                    X