Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHADERed 1.4 Brings Shader Writing/Debugging To The Browser

Phoronix: SHADERed 1.4 Brings Shader Writing/Debugging To The Browser

SHADERed has been available for a while now as a cross-platform, open-source shader editor and for debugging and writing of graphics shaders. SHADERed not only runs on Linux and Windows now but through any modern web browser as of the new v1.4 release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This is pretty cool, open any of the templates at https://shadered.org/template in your web browser and the application runs in the web browser but it is not HTML/CSS/JS, it uses WebAssembly (WASM) to render to a Canvas element. I don't know how it is done, but its pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      This is pretty cool, open any of the templates at https://shadered.org/template in your web browser and the application runs in the web browser but it is not HTML/CSS/JS, it uses WebAssembly (WASM) to render to a Canvas element. I don't know how it is done, but its pretty cool.
      It's ported using Emscripten which compiles C/C++ to WebAssembly.

Comment

Originally posted by Calinou View Post

It's ported using Emscripten which compiles C/C++ to WebAssembly.
        It's pretty cool. That Emscriptem thing is pretty magical to me.
        I don't know what widget toolkit the C++ application is written in, the UI is a bit unfamiliar to me.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

It's pretty cool. That Emscriptem thing is pretty magical to me.
          I don't know what widget toolkit the C++ application is written in, the UI is a bit unfamiliar to me.
          It uses Dear Imgui, which is a popular immediate-mode GUI library.

Comment

Working...
          X