X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gilboa
    replied
    Originally posted by [email protected] View Post

You still need a way to get the signal out, so a chip has to be there. If I'm not mistaken, a ancient Matrox GPU model is the weapon of choice for a lot of server boards. Its Linux kernel driver was even updated a couple months ago.
    Keep in mins that most servers are usually accessed remotely via ipmi / iDrac / ILO, so getting the signal out is rarely a problem...

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    llvmpipe already pushed r600 out of top 5
    and it's catching up with nvc0

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    You still need a way to get the signal out, so a chip has to be there.
    you also need monitor to get signal into. there are usb videocards and there are usb or wifi-connectable monitors

Leave a comment:

• M@GOid
    replied
    Originally posted by Teggs View Post
    I have wondered idly if video outputs will begin appearing on server boards. With the increasing computational power of the new many-core CPUs, and software like this and Zink, it seems you could now reasonably do low-intensity or infrequent video with no GPU at all if you wished.
    You still need a way to get the signal out, so a chip has to be there. If I'm not mistaken, a ancient Matrox GPU model is the weapon of choice for a lot of server boards. Its Linux kernel driver was even updated a couple months ago.

Leave a comment:

• Teggs
    replied
    I have wondered idly if video outputs will begin appearing on server boards. With the increasing computational power of the new many-core CPUs, and software like this and Zink, it seems you could now reasonably do low-intensity or infrequent video with no GPU at all if you wished.

Leave a comment:

• shmerl
    replied
    Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
    What's the override to force software rendering to test this out?
    Code:
    MESA_LOADER_DRIVER_OVERRIDE=llvmpipe
    Same works for zink:
    Code:
    MESA_LOADER_DRIVER_OVERRIDE=zink

Leave a comment:

• FireBurn
    replied
    What's the override to force software rendering to test this out?

Leave a comment:

• OpenGL 4.5 Now Enabled For LLVMpipe With Mesa 20.3, To Be Back-Ported For 20.2

Phoronix: OpenGL 4.5 Now Enabled For LLVMpipe With Mesa 20.3, To Be Back-Ported For 20.2

It landed sooner than anticipated but the LLVMpipe patches enabling OpenGL 4.5 support were merged to Mesa 20.3-devel today and are also marked for back-porting to the Mesa 20.2 series soon to be promoted to stable...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...LLVMpipe-Lands
Working...
X