VALLIUM Merged Into Mesa 20.3 As Vulkan Front-End To Gallium3D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by orome View Post
    Nothing says 'welcoming environment' better than naming a component after a rape drug...
    first, there's no drug named vallium. second, you should educate yourself before posting your dreams

Diazepam, first marketed as Valium, is a medicine of the benzodiazepine family that typically produces a calming effect.[9] It is commonly used to treat a range of conditions, including anxiety, seizures, alcohol withdrawal syndrome, benzodiazepine withdrawal syndrome, muscle spasms, trouble sleeping, and restless legs syndrome

Comment

To do something completely unexpected, I've got an on-topic question:
      What stops this implementation from working with hardware-accelerated Gallium drivers?

Comment

Interesting how many people know how to copy-paste from wikipedia, and no one knows how to use it.
        The page on date drugs explicitly lists Valium (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_rape_drug),
        so if you don't know, now you know.

Comment

Nothing says 'welcoming environment' better than naming a component after a rape drug...
          I had to take a double take because I initially thought you were mocking people who take issue with things like branches named "master" trough satire, but now it really does look like being wary of project names and technical terms potentially offending people has officially fully gone the way of Poe's Law. Let's hope this is the end of the beginning of this nonsense and we can start showing people like you the door en-masse in the very near future.

I've never even heard of Valium being used as a date rape drug and instead what's associated with date rape is Rohypnol or "roofies". This fact clearly demonstrates that you didn't just see something to be offended by, you went actively looking for the most awful thing you could find attached to this name. However the main misuse this drug has (suicide), which still has very legitimate uses, wasn't enough for you so you instead went and found an obscure one. This use however being practically synonymous with an entirely different drug with a very different name.

Comment

Interesting how many people know how to copy-paste from wikipedia, and no one knows how to use it.
            The page on date drugs explicitly lists Valium (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_rape_drug),
            so if you don't know, now you know.
            Great, I can add that to the list of things I need to know in life, like how to murder my wife and get away with it, or how to remove my testicles.

You don't get it. We don't care if it's used as a date rape drug. I guess the drug shouldn't be banned but the name should be changed right? Or how about ban the drug and screw the people that need to use it right? I bet some terrorists exclusively use Linux. Oh man, better rename Linux!

Comment

Did somebody say... Valium?

Comment

Working...
              X