LLVMpipe Now Exposes OpenGL 4.2 For GL On CPUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
    but it's same massively parallel workload which is amenable to just throwing more cores at it. cpu will suck at it, but it will nicely scale with number of cores just like videocard
    Yes, and since the GPU have added hundreds of cores per generation while CPUs did not, performance expected on GPUs for this parallel workload has increased much faster than expected performance on CPU.

That's what I said in the original post you quoted. That as time goes on, the result of CPU running LLVM and same age GPU rendering will get further and further apart in a performance graph

And I'm still right
    Last edited by starshipeleven; 07 July 2020, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by airlied View Post

a) it's not anything conformant, you can only be conformant once you pass the conformance tests and are listed on the official OpenGL site.

b) it has implemented all the individual features that we wrapped up into GL 4.4, it doesn't mean it can advertise GL 4.4 until it has all the prior features done as well.

It's likely GL 4.3 will be all it advertises once I've completed all the GL 4.5 features until it passes conformance.

Dave.
      a) My bad, I've used word "conformant" as replacement for "meets requirements for". Sorry.

b) I'm aware of this fact. I just pointed this jokingly.

Good to know, thank you for answer.

Comment

Working...
      X