Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mesa 20.2 RADV Driver Flips On ACO By Default For Quicker Game Load Times, Better Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post

ACO community? is not valve?
    True, mostly contributed by Valve, but I mean it as, ACO is not official AMD backend, so it is community

Comment

Is there perhaps some sort of schematic that lists all these drivers, and what their relation is to another and the OS and hardware?

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post

ACO community? is not valve?
        I believe companies like Valve, Red Hat etc who contribute to these open source projects are considered a part of the community?

Comment

Originally posted by JustinTurdeau View Post
          Michael Why are you still linking Mesa articles to cgit.freedesktop.org when their infrastructure has long since moved to gitlab.freedesktop.org?

Because until it goes away, they can pry us using that from our cold dead hands. cgit is amazing, and all other git integration places are actual garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by abott View Post
            all other git integration places are actual garbage.
            Care to elaborate? I'm younger so I grew up on GitHub, and subsequently dumped it for GitLab, but I still find cgit more cumbersome so I'm curious as to the workflows you think are more efficient on cgit?

Comment

Originally posted by mcoffin View Post

Care to elaborate? I'm younger so I grew up on GitHub, and subsequently dumped it for GitLab, but I still find cgit more cumbersome so I'm curious as to the workflows you think are more efficient on cgit?
              They're integrating so much in a bad fashion lol. Menus too damn complex. I love BitBucket, but currently use GitLab and GitHub. Tbh I might just move all back to GitHub. Their UI is the least sane still even though it just got worse. BitBucket is just perfect for private dev, tho, IMO. GitHub too if you have free repos. They might be now, idk because they never were when I was there at first.

Comment

Originally posted by abott View Post

They're integrating so much in a bad fashion lol. Menus too damn complex. I love BitBucket, but currently use GitLab and GitHub. Tbh I might just move all back to GitHub. Their UI is the least sane still even though it just got worse. BitBucket is just perfect for private dev, tho, IMO. GitHub too if you have free repos. They might be now, idk because they never were when I was there at first.
                Man I've had the opposite experience. To me, GitHub keeps getting more arcane, while GitLab stays sane. To each their own I guess.

The real reason I'm on GitLab now, though, is the fantastically easily-integrated CICD system. I don't use much of the git UI on any platform (as I don't want to re-build my workflows when switching projects), so I guess the most important things to me are easy permissions management, and CICD integration + UI.

GitLab not being owned by Microsoft's "embrace extend extinguish" regime is definitely a plus for me as well.

Comment

Working...
                X