Mesa 20.1.1 Released With The Open-Source Driver Stack Being In Good Shape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 20.1.1 Released With The Open-Source Driver Stack Being In Good Shape

Phoronix: Mesa 20.1.1 Released With The Open-Source Driver Stack Being In Good Shape

Mesa 20.1 was released at the end of May while now Mesa 20.1.1 is out as the first point release to this Q2'2020 driver series...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

thanks for the note, updated: https://t2sde.org/packages/mesa

Comment

did they fix problem with mpv in igpu 7.5gen

Comment

There's also a performance fix for DOOM Eternal on Fiji GPUs: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/...1a7c5c5007ad1a

Comment

Nice. I'm still running a Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury.

I wish that Michael still included the Fury benchmarks in his radv/amdvulk comparisons and updates.

Comment

Originally posted by cbrunhaver View Post

I wish that Michael still included the Fury benchmarks in his radv/amdvulk comparisons and updates.
            me too. Fury X here. Hope RDNA2 will be in the system by December. But for that decision a Fury X vs. RDNA2 comparison would work wonders.

Comment

Originally posted by cbrunhaver View Post

Yea, I have the same card too, but I think the reason Michael dropped them is that it's been a very long time since you could buy these cards brand new and there are so many other cards to test now. He does still test RX580's and RX590's though, doesn't he? Those are somewhat similar in performance and can be looked at as a rough baseline if you want to compare with more recent cards.

Comment

Hey Michael, FYI I (Eric Engestrom) left Intel a couple of months ago
                I am no longer affiliated with them, although I continue to contribute to Mesa and other Linux graphics projects in my spare time.

Comment

Working...
                X