No announcement yet.

Gallium3D's Arm Bifrost Now Handling Most Of OpenGL ES 2.0, Runs GNOME Wayland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gallium3D's Arm Bifrost Now Handling Most Of OpenGL ES 2.0, Runs GNOME Wayland

Phoronix: Gallium3D's Arm Bifrost Now Handling Most Of OpenGL ES 2.0, Runs GNOME Wayland

It was just back in late April that the Panfrost Gallium3D driver began rendering with Arm Mali "Bifrost" graphics processors while now it has most of OpenGL ES 2.0 working, some of the desktop OpenGL 2.1 functionality, and is capable of running software like GNOME on Wayland...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

why Arm Mali can have Gallium3d driver but intel 7gen+ can't ?

Comment

Originally posted by Aryma View Post
      Because someone developed it, in an ancient time LunarG (AFAIR) was developing Intel gallium drive as a proof of concept, it was name like "Intel driver name"g, e.g: i965g, I can't remember the Intel part of the name

Comment

Are you asking why Intel's 7th generation and newer Core series processors can't have a Gallium3D driver?

If so, have you heard of the Iris driver?

Comment

iris: Add a new experimental Gallium driver for Intel Gen8+ GPUs

Comment

Wait, could it run GNOME and not spontaneously combust?

Comment

Nice, this progresses much faster than I expected. Maybe I should order a Odroid-C4 after all as missing open-source GPU support under Linux was the main disadvantage of it so far.

Comment

Originally posted by angrypie View Post
                Wait, could it run GNOME and not spontaneously combust?

Comment

Working...
                X