No announcement yet.

Mesa's DRM Library Now Has Proper FreeBSD Support Upstream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FreeBSD would be a lot more enticing if Nvidia provided Vulkan support in their drivers for it.

Even more so if Wine Staging with WOW64 and DXVK could work under FreeBSD. Please make those two things happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post

I'm sometimes looking at alternatives like OpenBSD, so I don't want to end with unsupported desktop.
      Its honestly not something OpenBSD has to worry about. When the current KDE (and Gnome) dies and gets replaced with something better; this will likely support BSD.

As you have seen with Gnome 2 -> 3 and KDE 3 -> 4. Desktop environments don't evolve. They get killed and completely rewritten. Lets just hope they do it correctly next time.

Comment

BSD should just die.

Comment

Are you also bsd fanboy? Not only xorg? I wonder how many upstream changes have they made? Are they improving graphic stack, KDE, Gnome, XFCE? Or perhaps, they're just leeching?
          I didn't know I have to pass from you for any my post here. Should I go away?

Comment

Originally posted by frank007 View Post

I didn't know I have to pass from you for any my post here. Should I go away?
            You had problems with Wayland 'fans' in another thread, but it seems you're a fan as well. Don't go, please.

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post
              BSD should just die.
              It must be frustrating for you to know that due to the Lindy effect, BSD will inevitably outlive Linux.

Same reason why I much prefer the chances of C over Go too (https://www.johndcook.com/blog/2017/...fe-expectancy/)

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post

It must be frustrating for you to know that due to the Lindy effect, BSD will inevitably outlive Linux.

Same reason why I much prefer the chances of C over Go too (https://www.johndcook.com/blog/2017/...fe-expectancy/)
                Solaris' ghost says something different (but it was polluted by java).

Comment

This is great news as a FreeBSD fan. Nvidia use to be the graphics card of choice for BSD users, but with the lack of official Vulkan drivers and no CUDA compiler makes Nvidia look worse and worse. I will be buying an AMD video card for my new computer due to these reasons and more.

Comment

You had problems with Wayland 'fans' in another thread, but it seems you're a fan as well. Don't go, please.
                    I'm not a fan, I'm not a monkey.

Comment

Originally posted by johanb View Post
                      i

There are always false positives no matter what platforms we are talking about, same goes for the 10 thousand reports from Linux users.
                      By false positives I meant there were less than 76 reports from BSD.

Comment

Working...
                      X