Mesa 20.0.3 Released With Latest Open-Source Graphics Driver Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 20.0.3 Released With Latest Open-Source Graphics Driver Fixes

Phoronix: Mesa 20.0.3 Released With Latest Open-Source Graphics Driver Fixes

While many of you are users of Mesa Git for experiencing the bleeding-edge graphics drivers especially if you are a gamer wanting peak performance, for those on the Mesa stable series the Mesa 20.0.3 update has now shipped...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

For anyone running Ubuntu or its countless spin-offs (e. g. Linux Mint or elementaryOS {which I'm using myself right now & being surprised just how polished that distro really is๐Ÿ‘}), You should really consider adding kisak's [stable] Mesa PPA to your system, since that man is even faster than THE fastest up-to-date man himself (a. k. a. @Michael)!
    The goal of this PPA is to provide the latest point release of Mesa plus select non-invasive early backports. Deviations from upstream packages are listed on the package details page. --- Support status --- Bionic (18.04) - Discontinued - Long term users can use kisak-mesa stable Focal (20.04) - Supported Jammy (22.04) - Supported Lunar (23.04) - End of Life - Removal after 4 weeks (2024-03-01) Mantic (23.10) - Preliminary support (Not tested locally) Note: Please report any issues to mesa...

Comment

Mesa 20.0.3 has also finally landed to Arch Extra repostiory a few days ago. It was in Testing repo for a while but I'm one of the people who rather doesn't risk.

Comment

Does anybody know how I can get the last stable Mesa on Ubuntu? The x-swat and padoka stable ppa are stuck at 19.2, and the unstable padoka or oibaf are using the git master tree which is unstable (I guess). How can I run Mesa 20 easily?

Comment

Switch to arch for stable mesa. Use RebornOs installer to make it easy.

Comment

Working...
          X