No announcement yet.

OpenGL Threading "GLTHREAD" Seeing Improvements For Mesa 20.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice work! Bringing the goodness of Vulkan threading to the old code. :-)

I mean, doing this sort of thread work intentionally by the developer is one of the primary good things about Vulkan that OpenGL couldn't do.

Comment

Originally posted by kmare View Post
      Hopefully, Mesa 20.1 will make it "soon-ish" into the upcoming Fedora/Ubuntu releases. It's a shame you usually need to wait for the next version to get an updated Mesa (I know you can use repos, but it's not the best solution, at least for me).
      BTW, thank you Marek and all the other developers for your work on Mesa. Can't wait to finally switch to an AMD gpu.
      You can use Archlinux.

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post

You can use Archlinux.
        The same Arch Linux which still uses mesa 19?
        ## VGA ##
        AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
        Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post

Testing repo has Mesa 20.0.2 since day 0 and works perfectly fine. I have been using Mesa 20.0 since its release. Yes they have taken their time to bring 20.0 to the stable repos but they should be bringing it really soon. Anyone who is in a hurry can just enable testing and install the latest Mesa. It is better than custom repos, since that is the OFFICIAL PACKAGE anyway....

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post

You can use Archlinux.
            Or just stick to UBUNTU with its low-latency Linux kernel & use the PPA which is officially maintained by VALVE!

The goal of this PPA is to provide the latest point release of Mesa plus select non-invasive early backports. Deviations from upstream packages are listed on the package details page. --- Support status --- Bionic (18.04) - Discontinued - Long term users can use kisak-mesa stable Focal (20.04) - Supported Jammy (22.04) - Supported Lunar (23.04) - End of Life - Removal after 4 weeks (2024-03-01) Mantic (23.10) - Preliminary support (Not tested locally) Note: Please report any issues to mesa...

Comment

Originally posted by Linuxxx View Post

Or just stick to UBUNTU with its low-latency Linux kernel & use the PPA which is officially maintained by VALVE!

https://launchpad.net/~kisak/+archive/ubuntu/kisak-mesa
              Yeah stick to Ubuntu and get its bloat and its obsolete 2-3 year old packages for anything other than a few core officially supported packages... No thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
                I'd wager that they're referring to how easy it is to move to the github releases of mesa with the AUR. As far as I know, there's a reasonably good PPA that supplies everything you need to make going to the dev version pretty easy.

Just don't be surprised if you get bugs. I've been using the github version of mesa since the release of ACO on Manjaro personally and web browsers are a common problem area for random bugs that usually disappear after a few days.

Comment

Working...
                X