Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mesa's RADV Vulkan Driver Adding Compatibility For Use With The AMD Radeon GPU Profiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa's RADV Vulkan Driver Adding Compatibility For Use With The AMD Radeon GPU Profiler

Phoronix: Mesa's RADV Vulkan Driver Adding Compatibility For Use With The AMD Radeon GPU Profiler

To date the Mesa "RADV" Radeon Vulkan driver hasn't supported AMD's GPUOpen Radeon GPU Profiler but that is changing...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Ultimately though Samuel wants to be able to more easily tigger captures in a similar manner to RenderDoc.

Comment

Interesting. I wonder if it means that Stadia will be able to use radv as an option now.

By the way, actual GPUOpen Radeon Profiler is not open source.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
        Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post

Ultimately though Samuel wants to be able to more easily tigger captures in a similar manner to RenderDoc.
        You clearly are not a Winnie the Pooh fan.

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post

You clearly are not a Winnie the Pooh fan.
          Me neither. I'm more of a Xinnie the Pooh fan.

Comment

I did not know tiggers could be captured. I thought they were too bouncy.

Comment

And what's the point? It would be better to start supporting AMDVLK and not invent a bicycle.

By the way, a new version of AMDVLK was released yesterday, but there is no news on phoronix, of course..

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
                I wonder if it means that Stadia will be able to use radv as an option now.
                Make sense? Games work well, developers are familiar with AMDVLK on the Windows system for a long time - why do they need this transition?

Comment

Originally posted by mphuZ View Post
                  And what's the point? It would be better to start supporting AMDVLK and not invent a bicycle.

By the way, a new version of AMDVLK was released yesterday, but there is no news on phoronix, of course..
                  AMDVLK is nice as a reference implementation but based on an abstraction layer. There is no concurrency to RADV. AMD prefers to develop it's driver in house and just drop releases from time to time. RADV is developed openly by the community for Linux, it shares a lot of code like NIR and has fantastic features like ACO. As it is part of Mesa everybody gets it by default. Where do you see a transition for developers? Isn't this why there is a Vulkan test suite?

Comment

mphuZ RADV is actually faster than AMDVLK (even faster than the PRO variant with AMD's proprietary shader compiler) and recieves fixes more often. This and the fact that it gets shipped with Mesa and therefore is a plug-and-play solution makes it the de-facto standard on Linux.

Comment

Working...
                    X