Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Veerappan View Post
    Code:
    CLOVER_PLATFORM_VERSION_OVERRIDE=1.2 CLOVER_DEVICE_VERSION_OVERRIDE=1.2 CLOVER_DEVICE_CLC_VERSION_OVERRIDE=1.2 ./program_you_want_to_run
    Thanks, I gave it a go. Sadly, no real world programs that I tried (mandelbulber2, xmrig, ethminer) work with clover. I only had some luck with clinfo, clpeak, cl-mem, memtestCL, and opencl-example/run_tests.sh.

Anybody actually use Clover for anything?

Comment

Originally posted by uid0 View Post

Thanks, I gave it a go. Sadly, no real world programs that I tried (mandelbulber2, xmrig, ethminer) work with clover. I only had some luck with clinfo, clpeak, cl-mem, memtestCL, and opencl-example/run_tests.sh.

Anybody actually use Clover for anything?
      I have had decent experiences with clover with gimp, bfgminer (back in the day that bitcoin on GPU could make you money), and I've got a decent pass-rate on my RX580 on my desktop in the conformance test suite. That being said, I just got a new renoir laptop (4700U), and a lot of the tests that work fine on my RX580 on my desktop (and my older R600 cards) just throw a sysctl error, hang and then never return on my laptop. So there's probably something that needs looking into on the newer vega/navi chips.

Given that clover development from the couch was one of the things I wanted to be able to do with the newer laptop, I'll hopefully get some time to figure it out.

Comment

Working...
      X