No announcement yet.

ADriConf GUI Control Panel Support For Mesa Vulkan Drivers Is Brought Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

certainly looking forward to trying all these open source tools once I'm off nvidia hardware, but could be another year since I need 4k capable hardware, my 1080TI is barely keeping up most times.

Comment

Originally posted by Termy View Post

Take a look at coreCTRL - still young but very promising ^^
      Nice! Now mesa just needs to expose the ability to override antialiasing, although according to them that's not likely to happen. Someone outside of mesa will have to patch it to support overriding antialiasing and then hope mesa devs will accept it upstream.

Comment

Originally posted by Termy View Post
        Take a look at coreCTRL - still young but very promising ^^
        Thanks.
        This is sort of thing I really wish AMD would put in the miniscule extra effort of doing cross-platform in the first place. The "Radeon Settings" Windows app (which is this is trying to emulate) is famously buggy, broken, and all-round crashtastic. Starting over would do it a world of good, and using cross-platform support as the justification for doing so might help it fly with whatever management team has left that tool a hot mess that gets a reskin every two years but never actually fixes any bugs.

Part of the problem (I'm guessing) is the massive collection of per-game hacks built up over the last two decades. I actually have EXEs that I've had to rename just to get them running at all thanks to the asstarded drivers using that as the key to switch to a different codepath, and that resulting in instant crashes every time; whereas with the "intelligent" autohackery disabled the game runs without issue.

Comment

Working...
        X