ADriConf GUI Control Panel Support For Mesa Vulkan Drivers Is Brought Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADriConf GUI Control Panel Support For Mesa Vulkan Drivers Is Brought Up

Phoronix: ADriConf GUI Control Panel Support For Mesa Vulkan Drivers Is Brought Up

One of the most frequent complaints we hear from Linux gamers running open-source GPU drivers is over the lack of the hardware vendors supporting any feature-rich control panels like they do on Windows. There are many Linux driver tunables exposed by these open-source graphics drivers, but often they can only be manipulated via command-line options, environment variables, boot parameters, and other less than straight-forward means especially for recent converts from Windows and other novice Linux users. ADriConf has been doing a fairly decent job as a third-party means of helping to improve the situation and now there is talk of it supporting Vulkan driver settings...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I sure would like to see that. I think that'd be a very welcome feature.

I might be in the minority, but I actually prefer ADriConf over many of the Windows utilities. It's not bloated and it gets straight to the point. Sure, it isn't a complete comprehensive tool, but, do we really need that? Most DEs come with their own way to show sensor data and change your display resolution. The only thing we don't have a good open-source graphical tool for is viewing GPU utilization and overclocking.

Comment

Why do we need to wrap up lots of debug options into a GUI?
      The interesting things are FreeSync, vsync and anisotropic filtering, the rest hardly is.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
        The only thing we don't have a good open-source graphical tool for is viewing GPU utilization and overclocking.
        Take a look at coreCTRL - still young but very promising ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Termy View Post
          Cool! I wasn't aware of this. I agree - looks very nice.

Comment

That does look nice.

Am I the only one who had 1980s flashbacks from its YouTube video?

Comment

Ambience makes that app look worse than it should in that screenshot.

Comment

I wonder what toolkit will it use?

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post
                  I wonder what toolkit will it use?
                  It's already using GTK.

Comment

Thanks for mentioning, didn't know that one (though happy with CLI stuff).
                    Looks and performs actually better than AMD's Windows driver UI, really impressive.

Comment

Working...
                    X