X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nuetzel
    replied
    Originally posted by Veerappan View Post

Raises hand. I've still got a laptop with an x300 mobile that is up to date.

I've also got an x600 pcie and a ?x1950? That I pop in occasionally to test stuff with.

But the oldest card in regular use for me are a pair of r600g cards, one PCI card in my late 90s Alpha, and a 6850 in a machine for clover testing/development.
    "...clover testing/development."

Do you also see Clover kernel bugs with luxmark-v3.0/v3.1 running Mesa git (Polaris 20, here)?

2019-12-10 00:57:11 - [LuxCore] [1.612] [PathOCLBaseRenderThread::0] Compiling kernels
    2019-12-10 00:57:11 - [LuxCore] [2.239] [PathOCLBaseRenderThread::0] PathOCL kernel compilation error ERROR clBuildProgram[CL_BUILD_PROGRAM_FAILURE]: luxrays_types.cl:25:9: warning: 'NULL' macro redefined /usr/local/include/clc/clcmacros.h:12:9: note: previous definition is here matrix4x4_funcs.cl:114:15: warning: double precision constant requires cl_khr_fp64, casting to single precision texture_blender_noise_funcs.cl:850:2: warning: double precision constant requires cl_khr_fp64, casting to single precision texture_blender_noise_funcs.cl:839:22: note: expanded from macro 'setup' texture_blender_noise_funcs.cl:850:2: warning: double precision constant requires cl_khr_fp64, casting to single precision texture_blender_noise_funcs.cl:843:19: note: expanded from macro 'setup' texture_blender_noise_funcs.cl:851:2: warning: double precision constant requires cl_khr_fp64, casting to single precision texture_blender_noise_funcs.cl:839:22: note: expanded from macro 'setup' texture_blender_noise_funcs.cl:851:2: warning: double precision constant requires cl_khr_fp64, casting to single precision texture_blender_noise_funcs.cl:843:19: note: expanded from macro 'setup' texture_blender_noise_funcs.cl:852:2: warning: double precision constant requires cl_khr_fp64, casting to single precision texture_blender_noise_funcs.cl:839:22: note: expanded from macro 'setup' texture_blender_noise_funcs.cl:852:2: warning: double precision constant requires cl_khr_fp64, casting to single precision texture_blender_noise_funcs.cl:843:19: note: expanded from macro 'setup' texture_blender_noise_funcs.cl:917:27: error: passing 'float *' to parameter of type 'float *' changes address space of pointer texture_blender_noise_funcs.cl:845:27: note: passing argument to parameter 'vec' here texture_blender_noise_funcs.cl:932:23: error: passing 'float *' to parameter of type 'float *' changes address space of pointer texture_blender_noise_funcs.cl:845:27: note: passing argument to parameter 'vec' here texture_blender_noise_funcs.cl:942:34: error: passing 'float *' to parameter of type 'float *' changes address space of pointer texture_blender_noise_funcs.cl:845:27: note: passing argument to parameter 'vec' here texture_blender_noise_funcs.cl:953:23: error: passing 'float *' to parameter of type 'float *' changes address space of pointer texture_blender_noise_funcs.cl:845:27: note: passing argument to parameter 'vec' here Texture evaluation code form CompiledScene::GetTexturesEvaluationSourceCode():5 :54: warning: double precision constant requires cl_khr_fp64, casting to single precision Texture evaluation code form CompiledScene::GetTexturesEvaluationSourceCode():1 0:57: warning: double precision constant requires cl_khr_fp64, casting to single precision Texture evaluation code form CompiledScene::GetTexturesEvaluationSourceCode():1 5:66: warning: double precision constant requires cl_khr_fp64, casting to single precision Texture evaluation code form CompiledScene::GetTexturesEvaluationSourceCode():1 5:71: warning: double precision constant requires cl_khr_fp64, casting to single precision Texture evaluation code form CompiledScene::GetTexturesEvaluationSourceCode():1 5:76: warning: double precision constant requires cl_khr_fp64, casting to single precision Texture evaluation code form CompiledScene::GetTexturesEvaluationSourceCode():2 0:69: warning: double precision constant requires cl_khr_fp64, casting to single precision Texture evaluation code form CompiledScene::GetTexturesEvaluationSourceCode():2 0:74: warning: double precision constant requires cl_khr_fp64, casting to single precision Texture evaluation code form CompiledScene::GetTexturesEvaluationSourceCode():2 0:79: warning: double precision constant requires cl_khr_fp64, casting to single precision Texture evaluation code form CompiledScene::GetTexturesEvaluationSourceCode():2 5:66: warning: double precision constant requires cl_khr_fp64, casting to single precision Texture evaluation code form CompiledScene::GetTexturesEvaluationSourceCode():2 5:72: warning: double precision constant requires cl_khr_fp64, casting to single precision Texture evaluation code form CompiledScene::GetTexturesEvaluationSourceCode():2 5:78: warning: double precision constant requires cl_khr_fp64, casting to single precision Texture evaluation code form CompiledScene::GetTexturesEvaluationSourceCode():3 0:69: warning: double precision constant requires cl_khr_fp64, casting to single precision Texture evaluation code form CompiledScene::GetTexturesEvaluationSourceCode():3 0:75: warning: double precision constant requires cl_khr_fp64, casting to single precision Texture evaluation code form CompiledScene::GetTexturesEvaluationSourceCode():3 0:81: warning: double precision constant requires cl_khr_fp64, casting to single precision Texture evaluation code form CompiledScene::GetTexturesEvaluationSourceCode():3 5:66: warning: double precision constant requires cl_khr_fp64, casting to single precision Texture evaluation code form CompiledScene::GetTexturesEvaluationSourceCode():3 5:72: warning: double precision constant requires cl_khr_fp64, casting to single precision Texture evaluation code form CompiledScene::GetTexturesEvaluationSourceCode():3 5:78: warning: double precision constant requires cl_khr_fp64, casting to single precision Texture evaluation code form CompiledScene::GetTexturesEvaluationSourceCode():4 0:69: warning: double precision constant requires cl_khr_fp64, casting to single precision Texture evaluation code form CompiledScene::GetTexturesEvaluationSourceCode():4 0:75: warning: double precision constant requires cl_khr_fp64, casting to single precision Texture evaluation code form CompiledScene::GetTexturesEvaluationSourceCode():4 0:81: warning: double precision constant requires cl_khr_fp64, casting to single precision
    2019-12-10 00:57:11 - RUNTIME ERROR: PathOCLBase kernel compilation error

Leave a comment:

• finalzone
    replied
    Originally posted by sandy8925 View Post
    Lol, good luck. AMDs support is much worse.
    Quite the contrary. As an example, one of AMD employees fixed an AMD APU issue related to the freeze when reading an amd gpu id with an application like radeontop which landed on kernel 5.3.15. Keyword is communication.
    AMD support of Mesa is not the issue as the current snapshot runs fine on AMD APU Ryzen 2500u although optimization is needed. Current issues are better opencl support for GPU part of Ryzen APU and missing accelerometer driver of mobile Ryzen APU (still in the work although no details of the release yet).

Leave a comment:

• Aryma
    replied
    Originally posted by sandy8925 View Post

at least my new laptop come with dGPU not iGPU and i think you dont know that but AMD support linux

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Aryma View Post

i think they do that to make people move to new gen hardware anyway rip my i7 Haswell i will buy AMD next time

Leave a comment:

• Tomin
    replied
    Originally posted by ihatemichael View Post
    Why is this driver limited to newer hardware only? Is "old" hardware like Haswell unable to benefit from a gallium driver?
    I suspect they would need to make so many workarounds for shortcomings in older hardware. It's the same with Vulkan. Ivy Bridge and Haswell are still WIP AFAIK.

Leave a comment:

• Aryma
    replied
    Originally posted by ihatemichael View Post
    Why is this driver limited to newer hardware only? Is "old" hardware like Haswell unable to benefit from a gallium driver?
    i think they do that to make people move to new gen hardware anyway rip my i7 Haswell i will buy AMD next time

Leave a comment:

• ihatemichael
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Veerappan
    replied
    Originally posted by unrulycow View Post
    I'm surprised R300 is still on by default. How many people are using hardware that old with a modern kernel?
    Raises hand. I've still got a laptop with an x300 mobile that is up to date.

I've also got an x600 pcie and a ?x1950? That I pop in occasionally to test stuff with.

But the oldest card in regular use for me are a pair of r600g cards, one PCI card in my late 90s Alpha, and a 6850 in a machine for clover testing/development.

Leave a comment:

• ResponseWriter
    replied
    Michael
    ACO for GFX7, now merged: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/..._requests/2751

Leave a comment:

• unrulycow
    replied
    I'm surprised R300 is still on by default. How many people are using hardware that old with a modern kernel?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X