X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smitty3268
    replied
    Originally posted by perpetually high View Post
    If anyone thinks the combination of the vars above I'm using above is dumb and working against each other, please let me know.
    sisched is an llvm option, so there's no point in having that on if you're using ACO. Although it won't actually hurt anything either.

Leave a comment:

• perpetually high
    replied
    For anyone having trouble with Steam games using D9VK, I'm on 19.3-RC5 at the moment (kisak ppa shout out, great ppa), I had to comment out:

#export RADV_PERFTEST=aco
    #export RADV_SECURE_COMPILE_THREADS=4

in my custom env script, which is unfortunate because ACO has been great. Commenting out each one by one exhibited different behaviors at game launch (if either of the two were enabled, game wouldn't launch or play)

Your mileage may vary, I'm on Ubuntu 19.10, kernel 5.4.0, RX480, and Proton 4.11.9. (4.11.8 had major problems for me also).

As an aside, I also have these env vars enabled but they were disabled for the above testing:

export AMD_DEBUG=sisched,forcedma
    export radeonsi_enable_nir=true

If anyone thinks the combination of the vars above I'm using above is dumb and working against each other, please let me know. I plan on enabling ACO asap as soon as one of the above gets a bug fix, and hopefully the secure compile threads optimization when it plays well with D9VK, etc also.

Leave a comment:

• Mesa 19.3-RC5 Brings RADV Secure Compile Update, Other Fixes

Phoronix: Mesa 19.3-RC5 Brings RADV Secure Compile Update, Other Fixes

While Mesa 19.3.0 was supposed to be out last week, it didn't happen nor is it happening this week due to blocker bugs. Given the US holiday week, it's looking like Mesa 19.3's blocker bugs might not be cleared in time for releasing next week either, but in any case the Mesa 19.3 Release Candidate 5 is now available for testing...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X