Mesa 19.2 Released With Navi Support, Much Improved Intel Gallium3D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 19.2 Released With Navi Support, Much Improved Intel Gallium3D

Phoronix: Mesa 19.2 Released With Navi Support, Much Improved Intel Gallium3D

After a month worth of delays, Mesa 19.2 is now officially available as the latest quarterly feature update to this collection of open-source graphics driver components...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Reporting bugs with Gitlab sucks, I won't be doing it anymore. Live with your bugs, Freedesktop.org people.

Comment

At least their servers aren't crap.

Comment

Also worth mentioning that in this release is the fix for bug 111529 which opens the path for better handling Wayland systems on adriconf.

Comment

I hope Paulo Dias/Padoka wakes up from his Brazilian coma. His repos have been dead for the last 2 months.

Comment

Originally posted by khnazile View Post
            Reporting bugs with Gitlab sucks, I won't be doing it anymore. Live with your bugs, Freedesktop.org people.
            I'm curious, what's wrong with reporting issues via gitlab? I haven't done it yet, so I'm genuinely curious.

From the side of a developer working on Mesa (clover bugs mostly, in my limited free time), I think it's an improvement over the previous bugzilla for keeping track of issues. And from my day job, I'd also say that keeping the code and buglist in close proximity helps with keeping tabs on the lifecycle of a bug/feature and the health/releasability of a project.

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
              At least their servers aren't crap.
              With the exception that "their servers" for the GitLab instance are actually Google.

You know what Google is, right?

Comment

No, I am not going to live with this freaking VA-API hang. I don't feel like rebooting my machine whenever it wants me to. I just want to record and let that be it.

Comment

Please reconsider, btw. Chromium doesn't work (falls back to SwiftShader) with Sandy Bridge HD 3000 on Tumbleweed with your LLVM9 repo (and possibly all other Mesa 19.3 repos, too) - the AMD 6770M does work ok though.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoreauHD View Post
                    I hope Paulo Dias/Padoka wakes up from his Brazilian coma. His repos have been dead for the last 2 months.
                    I know it's not ideal, but in the meantime You could try this PPA (it atleast has MESA 19.2-rc4):

Comment

Working...
                    X