Systemd-homed: Systemd Now Working To Improve Home Directory Handling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Are you sure? Doesn't current slow down depending on the material?
    Yes, both materail (with good copper you will reach about 90% of C) but more importantly the frequency of the signal. What I showed was the best possible distance under ideal circumstances (if we could reach 100% C), in practice the results would this be even worse and thus the AI would be able to do even less in just one picosecond.

Comment

Originally posted by F.Ultra View Post

Yes, both materail (with good copper you will reach about 90% of C) but more importantly the frequency of the signal. What I showed was the best possible distance under ideal circumstances (if we could reach 100% C), in practice the results would this be even worse and thus the AI would be able to do even less in just one picosecond.
      I see. To be honest I thought copper was only capable of like 20-50% c?

Comment

Silver is slightly better conductor and for critical components, still not prohibitively expensive.

Maybe superconductors could be used as well, quite few by now discovered, which do not require extremely low temps for a superconductivity.

Comment

Originally posted by aht0 View Post
          Silver is slightly better conductor and for critical components, still not prohibitively expensive.

Maybe superconductors could be used as well, quite few by now discovered, which do not require extremely low temps for a superconductivity.
          Yeah once we have room temperature SC things will be great (will still not give 100% C though) but even though things have progressed over the last 30 years we are still looking at -70°C so quite some way to go before it's useable unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

I see. To be honest I thought copper was only capable of like 20-50% c?
            Well it's complicated , the energy of an electric signal travels at around 90% of C in a copper wire while the electrons themselves moves much more slowly where the amps, voltage, gauge of the wire and the frequency of the electric signal in combination determines the speed of the electrons.

For more info about this, Wikipedia is a good start if anyone is interested: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_of_electricity (it's over 25 years since I learnt physics in school so the knowledge is lacking to say the least).

Comment

Working...
            X