Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• artivision
    replied
    When you say multi-cast rendering i suppose you mean the one that splits anything into slices, some of them occupy a small corner and others the entire screen. Is this model compatible with D3D11?

Leave a comment:

• pruzinat
    replied
    What multi gpu extensions? Vulkan is multi-gpu capable by design, the only pieces missing were device groups (swapping out/in memory between devices without the need to go trough system memory) - see VK_KHR_{device_group,external_memory}. Other than that there are niceties like shared fences and stuff, but the main pieces are already in. I would like to hear from some graphics engine programmer on this, but I suspect that the main reason why games don't support this is amount of programmers time required relative to handful of gamers who will take advantage of it. Adding support for this likely doesn't generate money, isn't trivial and might hurt single GPU path.

Leave a comment:

• shmerl
    replied
    Is anyone working on multi-GPU Vulkan extensions for radv?

Leave a comment:

• AsuMagic
    replied
    Yeah, the point likely is professional software.
    The migration to Vulkan isn't going to be fast for sure... They're still relying on compatibility profiles and using a load of GL extensions. I'm not even sure they'd gain much out of using Vulkan in this context.

Leave a comment:

• NVIDIA Lands Another New OpenGL Extension In 2019 Around Multi-GPU/SLI

Phoronix: NVIDIA Lands Another New OpenGL Extension In 2019 Around Multi-GPU/SLI

While most games/engines and software in general are moving from OpenGL to Vulkan, NVIDIA is still investing in their OpenGL driver stack and even adding new multi-GPU/SLI functionality to their driver and as part of that introducing new extensions...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X