X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kmare
    replied
    Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
    That's a shame and kinda scary for Linux Broadcom users, but, I do think it's great he's working Freedreno, which definitely more help of someone with his level of experience.
    It is a shame seeing him departing but at least it seems like the driver will continue strong based on what he said in his post:
    The folks at Igalia are taking over from me on V3D (I’ve already done a bunch of review of perf improvement and bugfix patches they’ve made), and Bootlin is going to be continuing to work on getting open source display to parity with the closed source stack.

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied
    That's a shame and kinda scary for Linux Broadcom users, but, I do think it's great he's working on Freedreno, which definitely needs more help of someone with his level of experience.
    Last edited by schmidtbag; 03 August 2019, 12:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Broadcom's VC4/V3D Driver Developer Parts Ways To Join Google

Phoronix: Broadcom's VC4/V3D Driver Developer Parts Ways To Join Google

Eric Anholt who has near single-handedly been developing the V3D driver stack (formerly known as "VC5") for use by the Raspberry Pi 4 and other newer Broadcom boards as well as maintaining the mature VC4 driver stack he developed for previous Raspberry Pi boards has left Broadcom. But Broadcom's loss is to Google's open-source gain...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X