Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 19.1.2 Released - Led By Intel & Radeon Vulkan Driver Fixes

Phoronix: Mesa 19.1.2 Released - Led By Intel & Radeon Vulkan Driver Fixes

For those riding the Mesa 19.1 stable release train, Mesa 19.1.2 is now available as the second point release to this quarterly update to this collection of open-source OpenGL/Vulkan drivers for the Linux desktop...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Glad they fixed the Wolfenstein 2 issue, i wasn't sure if it was a problem with manjaros build of mesa 19.1.1, as i didn't get a reply from anyone having the same issue. As a workaround i had installed amdvlk, which worked just fine. Once manjaro gets 19.1.2 i'll test if there is any performance difference between amdvlk and radv. I have noticed for example serious sam fusion not having issues when changing resolution with amdvlk, which it does for me with radv, whereas witcher 3 was quite stuttery with amdvlk vs radv. I wish more games would let you select the graphics device to use via GUI like Hitman does, so you don't have to mess around with VK_ICD_FILENAMES to choose the better driver

Comment

Dylan Baker (2):
      meson: Add support for using cmake for finding LLVM
      Revert "meson: Add support for using cmake for finding LLVM"
      Good that they are adding and then reverting this, i really like to be informed about that as it keeps mine depression at optimal levels

Comment

And no VA-API-related fixes for Vega...

If my card hangs one more time I will downgrade to 19.0.

Comment

Working...
        X