LLVMpipe Software OpenGL Implementation Picks Up More GL4 Extensions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    Well, some seem to think otherwise and pursuing exactly that.
    i know, but their target performance isn't competitive against current cpus with llvmpipe and their track record doesn't really help

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
      i know, but their target performance isn't competitive against current cpus with llvmpipe and their track record doesn't really help
      Yeah, but still an interesting idea and would be interesting to see how feasible the concept is. Imagine if a big company like Intel, AMD, Nvidia or Qualcomm went and made a RISC-V based GPU on 7 nm.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        Imagine if a big company like Intel, AMD, Nvidia or Qualcomm went and made a RISC-V based GPU on 7 nm.
        i'm pretty sure big company will use something what was designed as gpu, otherwise it'll get larabee

Comment

Originally posted by DoMiNeLa10 View Post
          I wish LLVMpipe didn't require so much messing around to get it to report itself as compatible with modern OpenGL. I had to hunt down quite a few environment variables scattered around different places to get Doom 2016 to start on my core 2 duo box. Too bad I can't put enough RAM into it to get it to not crash before reaching the main menu.
          You should indeed get 8 GB RAM in your c2d box - which is sufficient for DOOM 2016 :-D

Comment

Originally posted by mifritscher View Post

You should indeed get 8 GB RAM in your c2d box - which is sufficient for DOOM 2016 :-D
            Not possible with the amount of RAM slots and how dense sticks can get on that machine.

I would love to see how awful it would run.

Comment

Originally posted by DoMiNeLa10 View Post

Not possible with the amount of RAM slots and how dense sticks can get on that machine.

I would love to see how awful it would run.
              That's a little surprising. My 2009 13" MBP has a 2.5ghz C2D and I had it running with 8GB in it's 2 DIMM slots until one of the slots developed issues a few years back.

Comment

Working...
              X