No announcement yet.

Panfrost Making Use Of The Gallium3D I/O Vectorization For Better Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panfrost Making Use Of The Gallium3D I/O Vectorization For Better Performance

Phoronix: Panfrost Making Use Of The Gallium3D I/O Vectorization For Better Performance

At the end of May I wrote about Intel's Iris Gallium3D driver achieving performance optimizations with new NIR I/O vectorization functionality. The open-source Arm Mali "Panfrost" Gallium3D driver has now wired into this code too for better performance...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is this driver now wired up for some weekly perf tests Michael ? If not it might be work it

Comment

Is this something for radeon's nir backend too?

Comment

Nice, I wonder when NIR becomes the default in radeonsi too... it is in the pipeline since a very long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Strunkenbold View Post
          Is this something for radeon's nir backend too?
          No. LLVM already takes care of the vectorization, and does so later on in the process which is better to allow LLVM optimizations to run first.

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
            Nice, I wonder when NIR becomes the default in radeonsi too... it is in the pipeline since a very long time.
            There's been quite a bit of work on it over the last few months. I don't know when they're planning to switch over, but I bet it's by the end of the year at least. My guess is 19.3.

Comment

Is there some recommended SBC when one wishes to try this Panfrost driver?

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

There's been quite a bit of work on it over the last few months. I don't know when they're planning to switch over, but I bet it's by the end of the year at least. My guess is 19.3.
                Thanks, I have NIR in my /etc/environement and I couldn't find any game that has some issues because of this.

Comment

Working...
                X