No announcement yet.

Alyssa Rosenzweig Joins Collabora To Work On Panfrost Graphics Stack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely great news. Normally, I don't care that much about drivers being open-source, but this is one of those times where I think it matters and is very beneficial. This is the kind of thing that might make ARM platforms explode in popularity.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
      Normally, I don't care that much about drivers being open-source,
      Found the NVIDIA user.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
        Found the NVIDIA user.
        I wish. I've heavily considered getting many of the Tegra/Jetson platforms, if only they weren't so expensive.
        Also, my gaming PC is all-AMD, and my laptop is all-Intel.

My only PC with Nvidia hardware is a hackintosh with a GT 630.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
          And? There is still a boatload of devices that need this driver and won't become obsolete any time soon
          Not only that. Those amlogic devices are *new* SoC's that use *old* MALI's.
          If this works out well, we might actually be able to have open source gles drivers on the galaxy s2. (Ok, actually that's a different project, because that's the rebooted lima driver).
          But we still buy loads of exynos 5422's. If panfrost works on that I would be very happy on my desktop. (and all PoS systems I manage).

Comment

I write from a rk3288 (Mali Midgard) tvbox running armbian and I wish to say good luck, with all my personal devotion!

Comment

Third time's the charm. Good luck Alyssa.

Comment

Working...
              X