Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mesa 19.1 Now Aiming For Release Next Week With Its Many OpenGL/Vulkan Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 19.1 Now Aiming For Release Next Week With Its Many OpenGL/Vulkan Improvements

Phoronix: Mesa 19.1 Now Aiming For Release Next Week With Its Many OpenGL/Vulkan Improvements

Mesa 19.1 had been aiming to ship before the end of May but blocker bugs once again have dragged out the release cycle. The current plan is to now issue a fifth release candidate this week with hopes of the final release being in store for next week...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

19.1 broke vaapi for me. Every app with vaapi like MPV or chromium crashing. 19.0x workig fine.

Comment

xpris, is this one of the blocker bugs?

Comment

Microsoft should take note of how Mesa does things. It may be a little tedious for an update to be delayed but I like how the Mesa devs have no tolerance for bugs, and actually test their work.

Comment

I'm looking forward to the vulkan hud functions VK_INSTANCE_LAYERS VK_LAYER_MESA_overlay VK_LAYER_MESA_OVERLAY_CONFIG
          Need to check stats on wine dxvk games.

Comment

Originally posted by George99 View Post
            xpris, is this one of the blocker bugs?
            No. This is not a blocker. Unfortunately, not many people care about vaapi.

Comment

Originally posted by xpris View Post

No. This is not a blocker. Unfortunately, not many people care about vaapi.
              Did you issue a bug report?

Comment

Originally posted by entropy View Post

Did you issue a bug report?
                yes: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=110783

i saw also similar bug reports on one distros bug tracker.

Comment

yes: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=110783

i saw also similar bug reports on one distros bug tracker.
                  That error seems like it shouldn't be hard to fix. I assume it was working at one point - maybe something isn't getting lowered properly anymore.

tgsi_unsupported - DIV tgsi opcode unsupported

Comment

Unfortunately, no support for OpenGL 4.6 yet.

Show Mesa progress for the OpenGL implementation into an easy to read HTML page.

Comment

Working...
                    X