Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 19.0.4 Released With Numerous RADV, RadeonSI & Intel Fixes

Phoronix: Mesa 19.0.4 Released With Numerous RADV, RadeonSI & Intel Fixes

While Mesa 19.1 will be released in a few short weeks, Mesa 19.0.4 is now available as the latest stable version of this collection of open-source OpenGL/Vulkan drivers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    SVG_NO_LOGGING
    I never knew Mesa had experimental SVG rendering capabilities?

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
      Mesa point releases are useless. They are a subject view of one or two persons and Mesa master has latest features and fixes. Point release software generates news only.
      Yeah, stuff that is done is useless too, we should use everything while it being produced, like cross a bridge while they are building it, eat raw meat because cooking is useless too, the same as software, use it while it is being coded!!

Comment

Mesa point releases are useless. They are a subject view of one or two persons and Mesa master has latest features and fixes. Point release software generates news only.
        That's true with almost every piece of software from the Linux kernel to ZFS.

Well, technically speaking, as of this exact minute, that's not true with ZFS. It's git master and latest point release are the same...

Git master branches also have the latest bugs. A perfect example of that is currently on a git master branch...

Go build wine staging right now from git master. It breaks the dpad on the PS4 controller. My dpad not working is a great feature and fix from a git master branch, ain't it? That happened somewhere around r18/r19.

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post

Yeah, stuff that is done is useless too, we should use everything while it being produced, like cross a bridge while they are building it, eat raw meat because cooking is useless too, the same as software, use it while it is being coded!!
          Hold my beer.

Comment

Guys, we need to stop responding to 'that guy'. It's obvious by now that he's a mentally unstable troll that gets his rocks off by posting inane drivel, and getting others worked up. Blocklist functionality can't come soon enough to this site, but until it does, let's just completely ignore the local village idiot. Maybe once he sees that nobody is responding, he'll get tired and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by sa666666 View Post
              he'll get tired and move on.
              Or simply banned as the old GhostOfFunks, sometimes I miss his ideas about the wonders of GNOME

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Hold my beer.
                Why, have it already brewed ;-)

Comment

There is not point to wear solid state drives by compiling everything. I use the keyboard and the mouse when windows games have problems with the PS3 controller. This one is really good for the price and analog triggers works too.
                  https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Wire...2975089158.htm
                  You're terrific. Every-other thread you're all "i compile this from source", "I compile that from source", "build stuff from git master, it's the greatest"...someone suggests to you to compile something to prove a point and suddenly there's no point to compile everything. Well played.

If you actually went to git or read the latest Wine article here you'd realize they're working on joystick improvements...those just happened to make my dpad not work...not much different than compiling the AMD kernel at the wrong time and getting weird graphics issues.

Comment

Working...
                  X