• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panda_Wrist
    replied
    Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    Nothing happening for Haswell?
    I got an Intel Core i7 4770K "Haswell" that is like 5 years old. I have no intention of replacing it.
    I might buy a new computer in 5, 10 or 15 years. But not anytime soon.
    Haswell support is great in the i965 driver. opengl 4.5 support and I think if mesa ever hits 4.6 on that driver haswell should be supported as well. Also It's incomplete vulkan support on Anv is pretty good as well. At least on mpv and retroarch.

The only problem with the new driver not supporting haswell is literally its name. The Iris driver does not support the first generation of Iris Graphics. My i7-4770R with Iris Pro 5200 graphics doesn't work on Iris, but my i3-5010u with Intel HD Graphics 5500 should work (haven't got around to playing with the new driver on my laptop yet). Kayden and others have explained why haswell isn't supported, so I can understand, I just dislike the name of the new driver for that very reason of not supporting the first gen.

I do plan on hopefully getting a new pc sometime next year, so I am looking very forward to Intel's dedicated GPU. I'm probably getting an AMD cpu, but if it takes me long enough to save money, I am excited to see how intel competes in dedicated gpu's against amd. Though if I can save up money quick enough amd gpu it is.

Keep up the good work Kayden and others.

Leave a comment:

• treba
    replied
    The thing I miss most for Haswell is fastboot. On my old Ivybridge system (Thinkpad x230) it works well, but on a Thinkpad T440s with Haswell the screen stays black. Apart from that everything feels very mature.

Leave a comment:

• Kayden
    replied
    Not much happening on Haswell these days, sorry! Some bug fixes and minor compiler improvements here and there, but it's pretty much feature complete...

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Nothing happening for Haswell?
    I got an Intel Core i7 4770K "Haswell" that is like 5 years old. I have no intention of replacing it.
    I might buy a new computer in 5, 10 or 15 years. But not anytime soon.

Leave a comment:

• Mesa 19.1 Flipping On Fast Color Clears For Intel Gen 11 Graphics

Phoronix: Mesa 19.1 Flipping On Fast Color Clears For Intel Gen 11 Graphics

While it's looking like we are months out from seeing Intel "Gen 11" graphics in any Icelake parts and the Iris Gallium3D driver should be the default driver before year's end, the current "i965" Mesa driver has enabled fast color clears support for these next-generation graphics processors...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X