An Exciting Set Of Gallium Nine Improvements Are On The Table For Mesa 19.1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Exciting Set Of Gallium Nine Improvements Are On The Table For Mesa 19.1

Phoronix: An Exciting Set Of Gallium Nine Improvements Are On The Table For Mesa 19.1

While there are just a few days left to the Mesa 19.1 development period before the code branching and feature freeze, the Gallium Nine state tracker for Direct3D 9 acceleration with Mesa drivers has a set of last minute patches...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...a-19.1-Improve

there was an effort recently that was trying to go the dxvk style deployment path for Gallium Nine so you could drop in a DLL to the wine prefix (IIRC) - anyone know the status of that?

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post
      there was an effort recently that was trying to go the dxvk style deployment path for Gallium Nine so you could drop in a DLL to the wine prefix (IIRC) - anyone know the status of that?
      It appears that it's the more up-to-date version now. 8 days since it's last commit, 4 months on the wine bundled repo.

Comment

Yeah I've already used it and it works great.

Pretty much installs exactly like DXVK, copies a DLL and sets it to native.

Comment

And soon someone can compare WineD3D, Gallium-Nine, Zink with Gallium-Nine and D9VK! Interesting times :-)

Comment

You've been able to do something like that since October 2017, it's not that recent
            It's been getting better though.

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
              And soon someone can compare WineD3D, Gallium-Nine, Zink with Gallium-Nine and D9VK! Interesting times :-)
              I've been using gallium-nine for quite some time, I was trying out D9VK the other day and it's surprisingly mature and some games are working very well already. I tried Borderlands and only noticed one minor ui bug. Performance was a fair bit slower than gallium-nine but still very good @ around ~60fps

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

It appears that it's the more up-to-date version now. 8 days since it's last commit, 4 months on the wine bundled repo.
                That's the one, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by LeJimster View Post

I've been using gallium-nine for quite some time, I was trying out D9VK the other day and it's surprisingly mature and some games are working very well already. I tried Borderlands and only noticed one minor ui bug. Performance was a fair bit slower than gallium-nine but still very good @ around ~60fps
                  Thanks, I tried Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and Borderlans 2. Both worked with D9VK, impressive, didn't expect this :-)

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
                    Zink is a Gallium3D driver that takes OpenGL commands and emits Vulkan commands, which are then consumed by a Vulkan driver. Gallium Nine turns Direct3D 9 commands directly* into GPU instructions. These things have nothing to do with each other.
                    *there are some intermediate representations for the purpose of optimization, but nothing like D3D->OGL.

Comment

Working...
                    X