X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marek
    replied
    Originally posted by andrei_me View Post
    Was it superseded by newer extensions? Like the ones from 3.3 became another when OpenGL went to 4.0?
    EXT_gpu_shader4 was superseded by OpenGL 3.0. and GLSL 1.30.

Leave a comment:

• andrei_me
    replied
    Was it superseded by newer extensions? Like the ones from 3.3 became another when OpenGL went to 4.0?

Leave a comment:

• xcom
    replied
    Originally posted by Strunkenbold View Post
    Black Mesa wasn't starting without this extension. Don't know if they still rely on that but I think they fixed it in the beta branch.

Minecraft seems to be another one. https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=110431

I say it's great they finally added this, even it's way too late...

Thanks for the work.
    Better later, than never..

Leave a comment:

• Imroy
    replied
    Originally posted by xpue View Post
    Catch-22
    I haven't heard of that game. Is it on Steam?

Leave a comment:

• tarceri
    replied
    Originally posted by Kayden View Post
    If I recall, there were a couple old ones that had optional support for this. But it was never that compelling. If it was, we would have done it 5 years ago when Chris started this project.

I think the main reason for doing this now is to have more of a consistent feature set between Mesa and closed drivers. There are probably some old enterprise type apps using it, too (if I had to guess).
    We have had people filing bug reports about this extension over the years they have generally been closed as not our bug. Minecraft and Substance Painter are mentioned in this [1] recent bug report, Black Mesa required it although recent beta versions no longer do. There are probably windows apps that use it which makes it more important now that wine is starting to work really well.

[1] https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=110431

Leave a comment:

• Strunkenbold
    replied
    Black Mesa wasn't starting without this extension. Don't know if they still rely on that but I think they fixed it in the beta branch.

Minecraft seems to be another one. https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=110431

I say it's great they finally added this, even it's way too late...

Thanks for the work.

Leave a comment:

• xcom
    replied
    Originally posted by Kayden View Post
    If I recall, there were a couple old ones that had optional support for this. But it was never that compelling. If it was, we would have done it 5 years ago when Chris started this project.

I think the main reason for doing this now is to have more of a consistent feature set between Mesa and closed drivers. There are probably some old enterprise type apps using it, too (if I had to guess).
    NVIDIA ever opens up it's OpenGL's extensions, or no way?

Leave a comment:

• Kayden
    replied

Leave a comment:

• xpue
    replied
    Originally posted by xcom View Post
    Any games using these?
    Catch-22

Leave a comment:

• xcom
    replied
    Any games using these?

Leave a comment:

Working...