Mesa 19.1 Likely To See Radeon "RADV" Vulkan FreeSync/Adaptive-Sync Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fuzz View Post
    But will XFCE on Debian support FreeSync with RADV?
    Debian is in a feature freeze pending the release of Buster so it will be months until we get Freesync. Even though I'm using the rolling "Sid/Unstable", it's clear that it's not really rolling currently

Comment

Originally posted by Brisse View Post

Debian is in a feature freeze pending the release of Buster so it will be months until we get Freesync. Even though I'm using the rolling "Sid/Unstable", it's clear that it's not really rolling currently
      Yeah, I don't expect it there. Should've added a sarcasm tag .

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
        The class is gnome-shell and options are class attributes.
        That's a XML config file for an application.

Gnome-shell is an application, and options in that config file are its runtime configuration.

If you want to talk about object oriented programming you need to look at source code of the application, not to its configuration files.

Comment

When you read the xml file in to the application you use classes and attributes definitely.
          https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/...il/xmlconfig.h

Code:
          /** \brief Information about an option */
          typedef struct driOptionInfo {
          char *name; /**< \brief Name */
          driOptionType type; /**< \brief Type */
          driOptionRange *ranges; /**< \brief Array of ranges */
          unsigned int nRanges; /**< \brief Number of ranges */
          } driOptionInfo;
          It's a fucking struct, you unwashed savage.

A Structure, not a "Class". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Struct...mming_language)

Also that is C, which is NOT an object-oriented language, there are no classes and attributes in C, period.

Why all the times you make statement's it's always 200% nonsense bullshit?

Comment

You use the primitive to implement the object, starship. Don't be stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by abott View Post
              You use the primitive to implement the object, starship. Don't be stupid.
              show me where that object is instantiated in the rest of gnome-shell code. Because I'm seeing only functional programming there. No OO.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                you unwashed savage.
                (...)

Why all the times you make statement's it's always 200% nonsense bullshit?
                How dare you talk like that to our Overlord Savior Know-it-all Omnigod DebianXFCE?

Can't you see that he is trying to illuminate us with all of his unlimited transcending knowledge about the universe!?

We all should pray for the time when he will be the sole developer of all linux and rename the whole universe to praise his name, knowledge and the only truth that exists in the universe:
                Debian + XFCE + 1KHz kernel = GODNESS

/sarcasm

Comment

Don't you forget the amd-wip kernel branch. Despite of its name, it's "complete", while mainline kernel is not.

Well, let's hope he doesn't impact Bas' mood much...

Comment

I have been thinking to move to use win10
                    Oh, please!

Comment

I hope that sometime down the line they can work on getting freesync working in window modes and also on dual monitor setups where one screen is vrr compatible and the secondary or more are not, so that if the game is on the VRR screen it will be able to work with freesync. This is how it works under windows btw, VRR is one thing windows has mastered!

Comment

Working...
                      X