Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 19.0.1 Released - Mostly Made Up Of RADV Fixes

Phoronix: Mesa 19.0.1 Released - Mostly Made Up Of RADV Fixes

For being the first point release of a new series, today's Mesa 19.0.1 is abnormally quiet as a pleasant update...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Beware that this release have a bug: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=110240

Comment

Lots of point releases this day, kernel, mesa, nine stalone, firefox, palemoon, etc... blah, blah

Whatever, compiled everything... Debian being frozen does not affect me much
      Last edited by dungeon; 27 March 2019, 05:51 PM.

Comment

hmm, 7 out of 34 for RADV is "mostly" RADV" now?

Comment

I don't like the development Mesa 19.X branch at all. I will use the stable Mesa 18.x branch until the end of its schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
            It does, migration is done by hand now.
            Not now but they are doing it like that for almost 2 decades, so to me everything is normal, usual and expected there

On average every second year, one quarter is full frozen - you could kind of even plan that, to even set your clock on that

Debian is much better without freezing because you get new software fast and automatically.
            Well, that happens most of the time, but not always. One quarter is full frozen, one semi-freeze, then six of rolling and again

For example, buster uses old kernel
            Point release software is useless and a waste of resources.
            And here you are just trolling Buster uses longterm supported kernel, once released and backports activated Buster will have newer short term kernels, etc... there for next 2 years again as an option, blah, blah... until it stops again on kernel that Debian 11 will use, that is kind of how cycle looks like

On that point one could choose to stay with particular stable release or to upgrade to the next, which is recommended for most users. blah. blah. that is where most of Debian users are anyway

For these who choose to stay to even Debian LTS, that is kind of the same as with Ubuntu LTS or Windows 10 LTSB point schemes, on these too again with same 2 years bump recommendations on average by default
            Last edited by dungeon; 28 March 2019, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X