Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NIR Improvements Land In Mesa 19.1, Helping RadeonSI & Intel

Phoronix: NIR Improvements Land In Mesa 19.1, Helping RadeonSI & Intel

Over the past day there has been some notable NIR improvements landing in Mesa 19.1...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I do use NIR for all my OpenGL games with RadeonSI and it works great, I expected some flaws but it just works :-)

Comment

How to use NIR with RadeonSI ?

Comment

When enabling it for RadeonSI, a shader-db shader compilation test dropped from 40 to 30 seconds. While it's quite an improvement to the shader compilation time, RadeonSI's existing TGSI shader compiler back-end can handle the same collection in about 19 seconds.
        This is not a completely fair comparison, since TGSI was not really geared towards optimization, while NIR can heavily optimize the shader.

Originally posted by berillions View Post
        How to use NIR with RadeonSI ?
        Use the AMD_DEBUG=nir environment variable (or R600_DEBUG=nir if you use an older mesa version).

Comment

Originally posted by Venemo View Post
          Use the AMD_DEBUG=nir environment variable (or R600_DEBUG=nir if you use an older mesa version).
          Is there any different between radeonsi_enable_nir and AMD_DEBUG=nir? I noticed the first one using xdriinfo options 0 on my r9 290 and have been using it ever since on my global environtment.

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
            I do use NIR for all my OpenGL games with RadeonSI and it works great, I expected some flaws but it just works :-)
            You, too?
            bindless is missing (some), currently...

Comment

Originally posted by Venemo View Post

This is not a completely fair comparison, since TGSI was not really geared towards optimization, while NIR can heavily optimize the shader.
              This ist TRUE ;-)

Try AMD_DEBUG=nir,sisched (or the old version), too.

Comment

Working...
              X