Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NIR Improvements Land In Mesa 19.1, Helping RadeonSI & Intel

Phoronix: NIR Improvements Land In Mesa 19.1, Helping RadeonSI & Intel

Over the past day there has been some notable NIR improvements landing in Mesa 19.1...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...g-Vectorize-IO

I do use NIR for all my OpenGL games with RadeonSI and it works great, I expected some flaws but it just works :-)

Comment

How to use NIR with RadeonSI ?

Comment

When enabling it for RadeonSI, a shader-db shader compilation test dropped from 40 to 30 seconds. While it's quite an improvement to the shader compilation time, RadeonSI's existing TGSI shader compiler back-end can handle the same collection in about 19 seconds.
        This is not a completely fair comparison, since TGSI was not really geared towards optimization, while NIR can heavily optimize the shader.

Originally posted by berillions View Post
        How to use NIR with RadeonSI ?
        Use the AMD_DEBUG=nir environment variable (or R600_DEBUG=nir if you use an older mesa version).

Comment

Originally posted by Venemo View Post
          Use the AMD_DEBUG=nir environment variable (or R600_DEBUG=nir if you use an older mesa version).
          Is there any different between radeonsi_enable_nir and AMD_DEBUG=nir? I noticed the first one using xdriinfo options 0 on my r9 290 and have been using it ever since on my global environtment.

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
            I do use NIR for all my OpenGL games with RadeonSI and it works great, I expected some flaws but it just works :-)
            You, too?
            bindless is missing (some), currently...

Comment

Originally posted by Venemo View Post

This is not a completely fair comparison, since TGSI was not really geared towards optimization, while NIR can heavily optimize the shader.
              This ist TRUE ;-)

Try AMD_DEBUG=nir,sisched (or the old version), too.

Comment

Working...
              X