Mesa 19.1 Lands Gallium Nine Support For NIR, Opens Up Intel Iris Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 19.1 Lands Gallium Nine Support For NIR, Opens Up Intel Iris Support

Phoronix: Mesa 19.1 Lands Gallium Nine Support For NIR, Opens Up Intel Iris Support

The Gallium Nine TTN support for "TGSI to NIR" to allow this Direct3D 9 state tracker to use the NIR intermediate representation as an alternative to Gallium's default TGSI representation has been merged to Git for Mesa 19.1...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Thanks for the work. It is a pity that so far only for Radeon. I have several computers with Nvidia. I would very much like to see such a compelling thing on green video cards.
    Will the instructions for use, I have a desire to test a new approach!?

Comment

Michael Slight correction to the article. Only the TGSI to NIR fixes were merged, the patch that enables it in Nine is not yet sent to upstream.

Comment

Originally posted by Maslou View Post
        Thanks for the work. It is a pity that so far only for Radeon. I have several computers with Nvidia. I would very much like to see such a compelling thing on green video cards.
        Will the instructions for use, I have a desire to test a new approach!?
        It's a gallium state tracker so for gallium drivers...
        Maybe with Zink it'll become possible to do something like that though.

Comment

Originally posted by Venemo View Post
          Michael Slight correction to the article. Only the TGSI to NIR fixes were merged, the patch that enables it in Nine is not yet sent to upstream.
          Hello @Venemo,

UH's tessellation is completely broken with these commits (?) - I'm bisecting, now.
          With your (whole) MR before except of my reported TS 2019 NIR-Nine bug, it worked for me.

Comment

Originally posted by nuetzel View Post

Hello @Venemo,

UH's tessellation is completely broken with these commits (?) - I'm bisecting, now.
            With your (whole) MR before except of my reported TS 2019 NIR-Nine bug, it worked for me.
            Hi. Please let me know which mesa branch you are using? And what hardware are you running on?

Comment

Hi. Please let me know which mesa branch you are using? And what hardware are you running on?
              Mesa git, as always (since 1996, Mesa 2.0 beta?). Have a look into the .mailmap file (history). ;-)
              Currently running Polaris 20 (RX580, 8 GB) for our son.
              NIR is enabled as 'default' here since last summer (testing for Timo).

Comment

Originally posted by nuetzel View Post
                Mesa git, as always (since 1996, Mesa 2.0 beta?). Have a look into the .mailmap file (history). ;-)
                Currently running Polaris 20 (RX580, 8 GB) for our son.
                NIR is enabled as 'default' here since last summer (testing for Timo).
                By Mesa git, I assume you mean Mesa master, right? If that is the case, then you are not yet running the code from my MR, because the part that adds NIR support to Gallium Nine is not yet sent upstream. That patch is still under development and will change, but if you want to test it, you can find it here. The plan is that on radeonsi nine will still use TGSI like it always has, unless you explicitly ask it to prefer NIR instead.

In fact if you didn't apply patch I linked, then your problem is likely caused by something else. Of course we'd still be happy to investigate it.

To be honest, we still have a bunch of issues with nine on iris, but on radeonsi (RX 570 here) I personally didn't see any regressions between nine's NIR and TGSI.

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post
                  Maybe with Zink it'll become possible to do something like that though.
                  with zink it'll be something different. like dxvk or wined3d

Comment

By Mesa git, I assume you mean Mesa master, right? If that is the case, then you are not yet running the code from my MR, because the part that adds NIR support to Gallium Nine is not yet sent upstream. That patch is still under development and will change, but if you want to test it, you can find it here. The plan is that on radeonsi nine will still use TGSI like it always has, unless you explicitly ask it to prefer NIR instead.

In fact if you didn't apply patch I linked, then your problem is likely caused by something else. Of course we'd still be happy to investigate it.

To be honest, we still have a bunch of issues with nine on iris, but on radeonsi (RX 570 here) I personally didn't see any regressions between nine's NIR and TGSI.
                    [Mesa-dev] nir: Add ability for shaders to use window space coordinates - broken tessellation under NIR - bisected

Happy investigation.

Comment

Working...
                    X