RadeonSI Gets NIR Improvements, Enabled By Default For Civilization VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RadeonSI Gets NIR Improvements, Enabled By Default For Civilization VI

Phoronix: RadeonSI Gets NIR Improvements, Enabled By Default For Civilization VI

The RadeonSI NIR back-end as an alternative to its longstanding TGSI usage continues to be improved upon as a prerequisite for supporting OpenGL 4.6 with SPIR-V ingestion. A fresh batch of RadeonSI NIR work was merged today, including to enable it by default for one Linux game...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I can confirm that the bad rendering disappeared with the change to nir

it is however one of those games that I should really get back to playing, there are just so many good options now!

Comment

Ah, that spyware game get two profiles to spy even better

Comment

It would be nice to have links to the patches in the article.

Comment

It it possible to target Wine games with DRICONF?
          ## VGA ##
          AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
          Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
            Ah, that spyware game get two profiles to spy even better
            care to elaborate?

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
            It it possible to target Wine games with DRICONF?
            drirc? Yes, there are actually some options for wine games in the default:

https://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/me...ults.conf#n290
            Last edited by juno; 20 February 2019, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by juno View Post

care to elaborate?
              The information we collect may include personal information such as your first and/or last name, e-mail address, phone number, photo, mailing address, geolocation, or payment information. In addition, we may collect your age, gender, date of birth, zip code, hardware configuration, console ID, software products played, survey data, purchases, IP address and the systems you have played on. We may combine the information with your personal information and across other computers or devices that you may use.
              I wouldn't ever install this crap on my PC.

Comment

I don't get it. It's not something exclusive to Civilization. And Steam in general is ok? Why?
                BTW, you can still block outgoing traffic, restrict the application's permissions or use an entirely "empty" account to play.

Comment

Originally posted by juno View Post
                  I don't get it. It's not something exclusive to Civilization. And Steam in general is ok? Why?
                  BTW, you can still block outgoing traffic, restrict the application's permissions or use an entirely "empty" account to play.
                  Then show me how many games have such EULA? What also matters it wasn't the same from beginning. They modified it later.

Comment

Originally posted by Wojcian View Post
                    Then show me how many games have such EULA?
                    Really any somewhat recent game with online-functions and in-app-purchases will have such clauses. It might not be directly inside the EULA but inside a separate privacy policy. So show me one that doesn't.

Reason is they have to, otherwise they would violate laws and risk losing a lot of money.

Originally posted by Wojcian View Post
                    What also matters it wasn't the same from beginning. They modified it later.
                    That's not cool though.
                    Last edited by juno; 20 February 2019, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X