Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panfrost Gallium3D Driver Merged Into Mesa 19.1 For Open-Source ARM Mali Graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panfrost Gallium3D Driver Merged Into Mesa 19.1 For Open-Source ARM Mali Graphics

Phoronix: Panfrost Gallium3D Driver Merged Into Mesa 19.1 For Open-Source ARM Mali Graphics

The in-development Mesa 19.1 graphics stack release due out next quarter will feature a new Gallium3D driver... The initial Panfrost driver for open-source, reverse-engineered ARM Mali graphics hardware support of newer generations...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...tial-Mesa-19.1

*yay* this is pretty cool and exciting - I hope there is lots more Panfrost in the near future!

now it's time to find a cheap ARM laptop to mess around with

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post
      *yay* this is pretty cool and exciting - I hope there is lots more Panfrost in the near future!

now it's time to find a cheap ARM laptop to mess around with
      Pinebook Pro looks promising https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=7093

Comment

I am very interested to see how well this works on an Allwinner H6 ... I met get cheap ARM PCs with working graphics AND hardware accelerated media playback ... somewhere down the line

Comment

Originally posted by simburde View Post
          that does look like a shiny laptop to hack on, that said, the lower end one would almost be fine too!

Thanks for the link!

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post
            that does look like a shiny laptop to hack on, that said, the lower end one would almost be fine too!

Thanks for the link!
            Also, the Pinebook Pro is based on a chipset which is ostensibly supported by the Panfrost driver.

Comment

FreeSync will only work with Mesa 19 (or git) and Kernel 5.0, right? Will those patches be backported? I ordered two FreeSync monitors and I'd love to test them. They will only arrive in march I assume, but I guess Mesa 19 will be later?

Comment

Originally posted by cRaZy-bisCuiT View Post
                FreeSync will only work with Mesa 19 (or git) and Kernel 5.0, right? Will those patches be backported? I ordered two FreeSync monitors and I'd love to test them. They will only arrive in march I assume, but I guess Mesa 19 will be later?
                No they don't get backported. Mesa 19.0 should be out by end of February.
                Michael Larabel
                http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Ooh, thanks for posting that! Awesome. I may get one... I really shouldn't, I have two perfectly functional laptops I basically never use.

Comment

This is exciting, I just hope this doesn't get abandoned like many of the other independent and reverse-engineered GPU drivers, like Lima or etnaviv.

Comment

Working...
                    X