Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mesa EGL Extension Needed For Universal Driver Configuration GUI Is Almost Landed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa EGL Extension Needed For Universal Driver Configuration GUI Is Almost Landed

Phoronix: Mesa EGL Extension Needed For Universal Driver Configuration GUI Is Almost Landed

The MESA_query_driver extension for EGL is of fundamental importance if there is to be a "universal" graphics driver control panel / configuration GUI for Mesa 3D drivers. The extension briefly landed today in Mesa but ended up being reverted due to build problems...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Now its properly merged.

Comment

This new extension is necessary to properly support Wayland systems, as we don't always have the full X server available.
      This functionality was already available under X11, and is also available in command line utilities like xdriinfo.
      Unfortunately when the configuration glx functions were introduced, they forgot to make it part of any extension, making them virtually impossible to properly check if they exist in GL-client applications.

Also, if anyone has a good suggestion on how to further improve adriconf, I'm more than happy to hear it and try to implement.
      Feel free to ping me or open an issue on the repository.

Comment

one clarification, I'm not the one to get credit for the extension, I've just been helping the EVoC student along :-)

Comment

Working...
        X