Broadcom's V3D Gallium Driver Picks Up New Features Ahead Of Mesa 19.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broadcom's V3D Gallium Driver Picks Up New Features Ahead Of Mesa 19.0

Phoronix: Broadcom's V3D Gallium Driver Picks Up New Features Ahead Of Mesa 19.0

Lead VC4/V3D driver developer Eric Anholt of Broadcom has landed a batch of improvements to the next-generation V3D driver in Mesa 19.0...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I dont thibk we'll see a RP4 in 2019, the driver isnt even clisrbto ready...... but damn, i eiukd LOVE a raspberry pi zero-2 using a single cpu core from RP3 and a <1W power draw at max. Would really be great for my mobile electronics projects.

Comment

I apologize for the terrible spelling in the post above, mixture of typing on phone and kack of slerp due to 5 day old baby.

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
        I dont thibk we'll see a RP4 in 2019, the driver isnt even clisrbto ready...... but damn, i eiukd LOVE a raspberry pi zero-2 using a single cpu core from RP3 and a <1W power draw at max. Would really be great for my mobile electronics projects.
        Hopefully the RP4, whenever it's released, uses a more powerful chip, Qualcomm Snapdragon chips, Huawei Kirin chips, and Mediatek P90 chips, are all fast enough to be used as ultraportable laptop chips, but so far there hasn't been much development in that space, other than Windows On ARM laptops, but they are locked to only running Windows 10.

Comment

dh04000 congrats for your newborn baby

Comment

andrei_me. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X