Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brisse
    replied
    debianxfce Did you encounter any games where it's not working?

Leave a comment:

• crymsonpheonix
    replied
    Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
    The UK have "Englishized" versions of these.
    That's "anglicised"

Leave a comment:

• torsionbar28
    replied
    Originally posted by andyprough View Post
    En route is a very common English phrase, not awkward at all. Part deux is not really a phrase - in French you would say deuxième partie, I believe.
    It's not an English phrase. It's a French phrase that has become common in some English speaking countries. In the US, there are quite a lot of french words and phrases that are common - filet mignon, cul de sac, a la carte, chauffeur, concierge, entree, encor, faux pas, petit, voila, and many more.

You will be mocked and ridiculed in the UK if you use French words and pronounce them as the French do. The UK have "Englishized" versions of these. For example, in the US, filet mignon is prounced as the French. Fee-Lay Meen-yon. In the UK however, it's a 'filet steak' pronounced Fill-it Steak.
    Last edited by torsionbar28; 15 January 2019, 01:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied
    Originally posted by andyprough View Post

En route is a very common English phrase, not awkward at all. Part deux is not really a phrase - in French you would say deuxième partie, I believe.
    Exactly! And 'en route' is also easy to pronounce in English, aside from the fact that it's common.

Leave a comment:

• dcbaker
    replied
    Michael mesa 19.0-rc1 is due on the 29th, so no branch for two weeks

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    That month should be prolonged later on, to the may... if you ask me

Leave a comment:

• andyprough
    replied
    Originally posted by cl333r View Post
    English isn't my native language, but isn't it awkward to say "en route"? How about "part deux"..

Leave a comment:

• cl333r
    replied
    English isn't my native language, but isn't it awkward to say "en route"? How about "part deux"..

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Mesa 18.3.2 Is Finally En Route With 78+ Changes

Mesa 18.3.2 Is Finally En Route With 78+ Changes

Phoronix: Mesa 18.3.2 Is Finally En Route With 78+ Changes

It's been more than a month since the debut of Mesa 18.3 and the emergency 18.3.1 release while due the holidays and the release manager being sick, the next point release fell off the tracks. Mesa 18.3.2 is now being crafted and should be out in the next few days. Given the time since the previous release, Mesa 18.3.2 is heavy on fixes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X