Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice! Finally! Thanks@devs!

Comment

In some places gallium nine works better, in others it doesn't but the Gallium Nine devs make it easy to switch it in and out. DX9 is pretty mature in both scenarios but it's nice to have a choice.

Most distros eschew Gallium Nine so it does usually require patching the SPEC (at least in my case) file and rebuilding wine.

No matter, anything that smooths the way to a better gaming experience and makes it more possible to not have to resort to installing Win-10 is great.

Comment

I'm still using the wine-to-rule-them-all package by TKG https://github.com/Tk-Glitch/PKGBUILDS - very good and always updated if you're in a Arch-based distro.

Comment

I still use Sarnex PPA to get my Gallium Nine.

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post
            I'd say Proton is probably going to wait for DX9 over Vulkan than using GalliumNine.
            why would proton wait for inferior solution?

Comment

Originally posted by shanefagan View Post
              Using SC2 with Vulkan probably would be the best case scenario given it's very CPU limited.
              using sc2 with dx9 over vulkan probably would be even more cpu limited than using sc2 with dx9 over gl

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
                This sounds like a great idea, especially if Nine will work with Zink then.
                nine works with gallium, zink is opengl over vulkan. each "over" means "slower".
                so nine can't, but wine d3d driver can work with zink, but it would be very stupid do use it with slower backend instead of radeonsi for example. it seems like 95% of commenters just mindlessly parroting some buzzwords

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
                  stalone
                  his name has double l

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                    his name has double l
                    Well i don't stand alone nor i didn't sign NDA so i choose to say stalone, not standalone

In this case i would rather liked more they named it something like - gallium-nine plugin for wine, as that is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
                      i don't stand alone
                      but subj does

Comment

Working...
                      X