Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Shiny New Features Of Mesa 18.3 For Open-Source Intel / Radeon Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Shiny New Features Of Mesa 18.3 For Open-Source Intel / Radeon Graphics Drivers

    Phoronix: The Shiny New Features Of Mesa 18.3 For Open-Source Intel / Radeon Graphics Drivers

    Being well into the Mesa 18.3 feature freeze and that quarterly update to these open-source OpenGL/Vulkan drivers due out in about two weeks, here is a look at all of the new features and changes you can expect to find with this big update...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-18.3-Features

  • #2
    Great work as always but it would be great to get complete Haswell Vulkan support.

    https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=105226

    Gave up hope on that one.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by entropy View Post
      Great work as always but it would be great to get complete Haswell Vulkan support.

      https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=105226

      Gave up hope on that one.
      Is it even worth it on such a weak IGP ?

      Comment


      • #4
        I think the Vulkan extension VK_EXT_transform_feedback made it in for Mesa 18.3, don't quote me on that.

        Otherwise we have to wait for next year to get an improved DXVK.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Sethox View Post
          I think the Vulkan extension VK_EXT_transform_feedback made it in for Mesa 18.3, don't quote me on that.

          Otherwise we have to wait for next year to get an improved DXVK.
          It's written in the article... It's in place for RADV. ANV was waiting on more test cases.
          Michael Larabel
          http://www.michaellarabel.com/

          Comment


          • #6
            Michael the radv conservative rasterization support is listed under the Intel headline

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by juno View Post
              Michael the radv conservative rasterization support is listed under the Intel headline
              Whoops thanks.
              Michael Larabel
              http://www.michaellarabel.com/

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by pete910 View Post
                Is it even worth it on such a weak IGP ?
                In a performance standpoint? No - Vulkan will have little to no advantage. However, we're reaching a point where applications are Vulkan-only. So, until a Vulkan-to-OGL converter is readily available, some of these people will be left out. Haswell may have a weak IGP but it's fine for low-detail games, or, games where frame rate doesn't really matter.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Adding to what schmidtbag said, Vulkan is not just about perf, is about efficiency too, so you can have the same perf using less wattage, which is great for laptops batteries

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by entropy View Post
                    Great work as always but it would be great to get complete Haswell Vulkan support.

                    https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=105226

                    Gave up hope on that one.
                    I'm curious. Which of the unsupported features do you need?

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X