Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 18.3-RC2 Released With RADV, Wayland & NIR Fixes

Phoronix: Mesa 18.3-RC2 Released With RADV, Wayland & NIR Fixes

The second weekly release candidate of Mesa 18.3 is now available for testing of these open-source OpenGL / Vulkan drivers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Meanwhile, Debian Sid is still stuck at 18.1.9...

Comment

Originally posted by Brisse View Post
      Mesa is stuck in NEW for two months... not sure why, but i guess because of questionable NINE legality

Just a guess i mean , but when there is such silence that is usually some legal prob
      Last edited by dungeon; 09 November 2018, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brisse View Post
        No good reason, too.. stable is at 18.2.x, no reason why it shouldn't be on that. Ubuntu 18.10 ships with 18.2.2. 19.0 is in devel, 18.3 is in RC. 18.1 should've disappeared.

But honestly, that's why I started compiling my own Mesa. (thanks again for the tutorial, shmerl). Cross-compilation for 32-bit is broken on 64-bit debian/ubuntu systems right now, so I'd probably refrain if you're looking for no resistance. I had to set up Ubuntu 16.04 32-bit in a VM (plus a little work) to get those i386 drivers to go along with the x86_64 I built on my own host.

But no more worrying about PPAs finally! (you're doing a great deed though, oibaf). Saves people *lots* of hassle and time. Once you get your build script going, it's automatic after that. I understand it's not sustainable for most people, but it builds in under 5 minutes and you can add march=native goodness as well.

Code:
        OpenGL renderer string: AMD Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics (POLARIS10, DRM 3.26.0, 4.18.17-041817+custom-generic, LLVM 8.0.0)
        OpenGL core profile version string: 4.5 (Core Profile) Mesa 18.3.0-rc2 (git-f55265776f)

Comment

Originally posted by perpetually high View Post

No good reason, too.. stable is at 18.2.x, no reason why it shouldn't be on that.

Debian cares about legality, but Mesa is known to not care so much about that S3TC and texture float expired yeah:

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

But you never know, could be that someone complained

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

Debian cares about legality, but Mesa is known to not care so much about that S3TC and texture float expired yeah:

Or a squirrel farted in the forest and the Debian devs freaked out.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post

Or a squirrel farted in the forest and the Debian devs freaked out.
              We would like if it is just squirrels farting, but reality in our forests are really different

Last edited by dungeon; 09 November 2018, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...re-Float-Freed

Please explain what is new in 18.2 that would cause that, and not have them pull 18.1 as well.

It's hard to imagine they're scared of something when Red Hat's lawyers aren't. I mean, they actually have money to lose.

Comment

Working...
                X