No announcement yet.

CLVK Takes Shape For OpenCL On Vulkan, But Performance Has A Long Ways To Go

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CLVK Takes Shape For OpenCL On Vulkan, But Performance Has A Long Ways To Go

Phoronix: CLVK Takes Shape For OpenCL On Vulkan, But Performance Has A Long Ways To Go

In addition to Zink taking shape for OpenGL over Vulkan, the separate and independent effort of CLVK continues marching along for OpenCL over Vulkan. I was experimenting with CLVK today and did some initial benchmarks...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...an-First-Bench

I would be more interested in seeing a comparison to the open source OpenCL drivers because that is where we actually have a demand for improvements. If CLVK could replace another open source solution with a decent performance than it really will be a viable option.

Really nice to see CLVK working already :-)

Comment

It's a good start for the thing to actually work!

Comment

Sweet, another on vulkan project!

inb4 the Linux on Vulkan project :P

Comment

Hello, I'm the clvk author. Nice to see it scrutinised . So far the focus has been on features and correctness and I'm sure there are many performance issues, some of them probably really low-hanging fruits. I've just pushed a change that should make a massive difference to performance with recent NVidia drivers. I would love to see the article updated with the new results .

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by kpet View Post
            Hello, I'm the clvk author. Nice to see it scrutinised . So far the focus has been on features and correctness and I'm sure there are many performance issues, some of them probably really low-hanging fruits. I've just pushed a change that should make a massive difference to performance with recent NVidia drivers. I would love to see the article updated with the new results .

Thank you!
            Hi! Good to know, thanks. Will try to find time to do new tests in a few days. Feel free to reach out if ever some interesting perf improvements or features to cover.
            Michael Larabel
            http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Will try to find time to do new tests in a few days.
              Thanks. You should get a nice surprise.

Feel free to reach out if ever some interesting perf improvements or features to cover.
              Will do. I'm currently working on image support. I'll give you a shout once it's available.

Comment

Working...
              X