No announcement yet.

CLVK Takes Shape For OpenCL On Vulkan, But Performance Has A Long Ways To Go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CLVK Takes Shape For OpenCL On Vulkan, But Performance Has A Long Ways To Go

Phoronix: CLVK Takes Shape For OpenCL On Vulkan, But Performance Has A Long Ways To Go

In addition to Zink taking shape for OpenGL over Vulkan, the separate and independent effort of CLVK continues marching along for OpenCL over Vulkan. I was experimenting with CLVK today and did some initial benchmarks...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I would be more interested in seeing a comparison to the open source OpenCL drivers because that is where we actually have a demand for improvements. If CLVK could replace another open source solution with a decent performance than it really will be a viable option.

Really nice to see CLVK working already :-)

Comment

It's a good start for the thing to actually work!

Comment

Sweet, another on vulkan project!

inb4 the Linux on Vulkan project :P

Comment

Hello, I'm the clvk author. Nice to see it scrutinised . So far the focus has been on features and correctness and I'm sure there are many performance issues, some of them probably really low-hanging fruits. I've just pushed a change that should make a massive difference to performance with recent NVidia drivers. I would love to see the article updated with the new results .

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by kpet View Post
            Hello, I'm the clvk author. Nice to see it scrutinised . So far the focus has been on features and correctness and I'm sure there are many performance issues, some of them probably really low-hanging fruits. I've just pushed a change that should make a massive difference to performance with recent NVidia drivers. I would love to see the article updated with the new results .

Thank you!
            Hi! Good to know, thanks. Will try to find time to do new tests in a few days. Feel free to reach out if ever some interesting perf improvements or features to cover.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Will try to find time to do new tests in a few days.
              Thanks. You should get a nice surprise.

Feel free to reach out if ever some interesting perf improvements or features to cover.
              Will do. I'm currently working on image support. I'll give you a shout once it's available.

Comment

Working...
              X