Mesa 18.3 Gets A Release Date Towards The End Of November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swizzler View Post

If the tests are part of the VulkanCTS, passing them is not optional.
    No, it is an optional extension. If software does not use it, then it is like it does not even exist. It won't cause problems/regressions in other software. If it is buggy for use with DXVK, then it is not a big deal, as later point releases can fix it. Keep in mind, for the time being it will be 99% of the time used with DXVK/Proton and nothing else. People already can't run games which require it properly, including it in MESA even if it is buggy won't make things worse...

If they do not include it, it will be a major disappointment.

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post

Who cares about GCN 1.0 and Vulkan? The whole GCN 1.0 Vulkan support is experimental, so transform feedback being broken for UNSUPPORTED architectures is not a dealbreaker for merging.
      I suspect people who want to use DXVK on SI cards may care. Anyway, I agree that it'll be disappointing if not included in the next Mesa release but the patches still have to pass a code review first. That part certainly isn't optional.

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post

No, it is an optional extension. If software does not use it, then it is like it does not even exist.
        I don't think you can incorrectly implement an optional extension and still conform to the specification. When you advertise support for the extension, VulkanCTS will test it. You either pass all the tests, or you are a non-conformant driver.

From the end-user perspective, a partially correct implementation may be an improvement for specific games. It's better for a silicon vendor to wait until the implementation is correct, otherwise they are arguably shipping bugs.

Comment

Working...
        X