Mesa Eyeing The Removal Of Autotools Build Support In Favor Of Meson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Candy View Post
    ... and nowadays - with even more momentum for Linux - projects (not entirely correct) can become assholes and drop other operating systems or even be in the position to piss people off. I would realy like that these people reconsider where they started with and that they relied on people from everywhere to help out.

Poor sign. Same shit with systemd... We are on linux and we don't care for others anymore...
    Companies have tendency to not care, bigger ones might still care about something more, but small ones care about nothing More companies you have around, project will become more successful. But success comes with a price, as in the same time as you have more companies, they less and less care about others as they more and more does not care about anything else, probably developers couldn't even notice when they became ignorants

And in turn that is because, as companies prefer to have developers as blind pusherers it is normal that even Linus must more often go to "mad" mode They won't pay you for else you are doing and by the time all that just rose down.

So that is what happened to Mesa and some other projects. And it is really just that, as you have more companies and we know they have tendency to not care about else, about others and here of course about copyleft too, they prefer to remove or replace all of these

At the end we as a users can't expect anything else but to expect no support, in this or another ways as even companies are not aware when they are producing shit around, as their developer base who are employed as blind pusherers also could become conservative community of pure ass lickers to whose none Code of Conduct will help nothing
    Last edited by dungeon; 19 September 2018, 05:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Candy View Post

I think you people should stop this bullshit with those fancy pictures.
      And I think people like the person I quoted should stop spreading misinformation.

But aside from that: I hardly every post those 'fancy' pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by aaahaaap View Post

If you want to try, you can try building the mesa PKGBUILD with setting `b_ndebug` set to to false https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/p...kages/mesa#n40, that can cause quiet a bit of stuttering (I've experienced it myself).
        I'll give that a go, if we're both seeing that, I would corroborate whatever ticket you have (or file my own).

Comment

Originally posted by andreano View Post

Reimplement Meson in Rust anyone? Somebody is bound to do that at some point
          I agree with this.

Rewriting Meson in a lower-level language will make it fare better to CMake.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

I agree with this.

Rewriting Meson in a lower-level language will make it fare better to CMake.
            I'm really curious why the implementation language for a build system matters?

Comment

Working...
            X