No announcement yet.

Mesa 18.2 Released With Vega 20 Support, OpenGL 4.4 Compat Profile & A Lot More

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 18.2 Released With Vega 20 Support, OpenGL 4.4 Compat Profile & A Lot More

Phoronix: Mesa 18.2 Released With Vega 20 Support, OpenGL 4.4 Compat Profile & A Lot More

Following a few delays that pushed back its release date from August to ultimately today, Mesa 18.2 is out as this third-quarter 2018 update to the Mesa3D graphics driver stack most commonly associated with the Linux desktop's open-source Vulkan/OpenGL drivers for Intel, Radeon, and Nouveau (as well as many smaller drivers)...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Thanks for the quick notification, built for me - updated in #t2sde: https://t2sde.org/packages/mesa

Comment

OpenGL 4.4 Compat Profile
      Here I come, Grand Ages: Medieval

Comment

Now, where is LLVM 7?

Comment

summer has ended, still no virgl feature parity. maybe next summer

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post
            Now, where is LLVM 7?
            +1
            It was said about September 5, but there are some delays, apparently..

Comment

To emerge/eix-sync and compile or to wait for the first point/bugfix release, that's the question.

Very good to see all the improvements through the drivers. I just recently switched from my r600-class HD5670 (Evergreen) to a RX560 (Polaris) and it seems to work well, at least so far I could test. I still wouldn't mind to see the red spaces in RadeonFeature and mesamatrix fixed also on the older drivers. There are still plenty of good cards out there, or non-exchangeable laptop APUs, soldered thin client GPUs and so on.
              Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
                To emerge/eix-sync and compile or to wait for the first point/bugfix release, that's the question.
                Just do it. This release was delayed due to Intel stopper bugs, if you have an AMD card then this is for all intends and purposes a point release already... 6 release candidates released for it already...

Comment

rc2 didn't compile for me
                  rc3 introduced graphical regressions in 2d vs 18.1
                  rc4 was almost stable, but would cause my system to randomly reboot
                  rc5 I skipped
                  rc6 is rock solid

This is on a Intel gen9.5 kaby lake system on Gentoo.

Comment

Working...
                  X