Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 18.2 Branched, Mesa 18.3 Enters Development

Phoronix: Mesa 18.2 Branched, Mesa 18.3 Enters Development

As expected, the Mesa 18.2 feature development is now over with the code having branched. Now open on Git master is Mesa 18.3-devel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm really surprised the OpenGL 4.6 patches for intel didn't land, also amazed that radeonsi is beating i965 on mesamatrix.net

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
      also amazed that radeonsi is beating i965 on mesamatrix.net
      Wow you're right - I didn't notice that until now. Is this the first time i965 has been out-paced?

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
        Wow you're right - I didn't notice that until now. Is this the first time i965 has been out-paced?
        No, i965 and radeonsi are playing leapfrog for a while already.

Comment

Originally posted by zboszor View Post
          No, i965 and radeonsi are playing leapfrog for a while already.
          I've seen radeonsi on-par with i965 a few times, but I don't recall it ever exceeding. But, I understand my anecdotes don't mean much.

Comment

Radeonsi Dead island and dying light still does not work with kernel 4.18 and mesa 18.2 and 18.3 (oibaf). I have tried with fedora, ubuntu and tumbleweed (only tested with 4.17). Fedora had opengl 4.6 and ubuntu does not.

Comment

Originally posted by PackRat View Post
              Radeonsi Dead island and dying light still does not work with kernel 4.18 and mesa 18.2 and 18.3 (oibaf). I have tried with fedora, ubuntu and tumbleweed (only tested with 4.17). Fedora had opengl 4.6 and ubuntu does not.
              They both work fine for me now without any overrides - raise a bug if you're having issues

Comment

Working...
              X